PDA

View Full Version : Implications of failing a drug test

college_boy
10-19-2005, 06:40 PM
I have a friend who has a random drug test on friday. He smoked a lot of pot this last weekend so there's a good chance he'll test positive. If he does test positive will this go on his job record. Or in other words could future employers find out about this?

Also are you guys aware of anything that he could take that would improve his chances of beating it?

Freakin
10-19-2005, 06:47 PM
Was he still baked when he typed that subject for you?

LethalRose
10-19-2005, 06:55 PM
As far as I know it depends on the state what questions a potential employer can ask. In some states you can ask only specific questions, in others you can ask whatever. eitherway hes probably going to get fired and/or warned not to smoke pot again while he is there. Not really a big deal.

college_boy
10-19-2005, 06:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Was he still baked when he typed that subject for you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed it for you amigo.

theweatherman
10-19-2005, 07:01 PM
my friend has smoked weed probably every day forthe last 4 years. He was notified of a drug test only 72 hours before hand and passed. He went to a head shop and got whatever random "detoxifier" they were selling. It seemed to work.

The Goober
10-19-2005, 07:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If he does test positive will this go on his job record. Or in other words could future employers find out about this?

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no such thing as a "job record". If your friend doesn't try to use his current employer as a reference, the chances of future employers finding out is nearly nil. If he leaves this job off of his resume, its exactly nil. Hell, even if he did use this employer as a reference, there's a good chance that he wouldn't say anything - most employers are terrified of liability issues, so he's got no real incentive to tell the truth.

If your friend gets caught he will probably be able to keep his job if he goes to some sort of rehab/counseling thing and submits to more testing down the road. Hiring new people is expensive and unless his boss is looking for an excuse to get rid of him they will try to keep him around.

Stu Pidasso
10-19-2005, 07:59 PM
If its a urine test and he knows about it ahead of time then it should not be hard to beat at all. If you want to know how just use google.

Stu

Freakin
10-19-2005, 08:23 PM
Is he working right now? Unless this goes on his criminal record if he fails then it's unlikely an employer could find out about it.

He can get clean before then by drinking lots of water and using detox stuff they sell in stoner shops.

I had a friend who 'passed' a drug test with 6 hours notice, because he drank bleach (diluted). He still technically failed it, but not because they found drugs. They knew he did something SERIOUS to mess up his system because they found no nutrients of any kind. Not the smartest guy I met, but he's doing great now.

For the record, the bleach didn't appear to have any negative side affects.

Cancer Merchant
10-19-2005, 08:26 PM
I hear vigorous exercise, like killing bees, helps a lot.

Manque
10-19-2005, 08:32 PM
I think it depends on the job. If you want to work at a nuclear power plant they WILL find out if you failed a drug test. Just so people don't get the wrong idea if you fail a drug test it is a big deal.

HopeydaFish
10-19-2005, 08:33 PM
What happens if he calls in sick on Friday?

loose passive
10-19-2005, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
he drank bleach (diluted).

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't ever do this....you are just poisoning yourself.

I had a friend just get tested and he was told his sample was diluted and would have to retest. He drank a bunch of water and took some of the detox stuff. If his test shows diluted again they will probably fail him.

The Goober
10-19-2005, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it depends on the job. If you want to work at a nuclear power plant they WILL find out if you failed a drug test. Just so people don't get the wrong idea if you fail a drug test it is a big deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. I was thinking about most private-sector jobs that don't a rigorous background check. If you are talking about sensitive government jobs or other high-security type stuff, they'll find out about that candy bar that you stole when you were 5 and your mom made you give back to the store.

surfdoc
10-19-2005, 10:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is he working right now? Unless this goes on his criminal record if he fails then it's unlikely an employer could find out about it.

He can get clean before then by drinking lots of water and using detox stuff they sell in stoner shops.

I had a friend who 'passed' a drug test with 6 hours notice, because he drank bleach (diluted). He still technically failed it, but not because they found drugs. They knew he did something SERIOUS to mess up his system because they found no nutrients of any kind. Not the smartest guy I met, but he's doing great now.

For the record, the bleach didn't appear to have any negative side affects.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to restate the obvious, but this is a very, very bad idea.

man
10-19-2005, 10:48 PM
I haven't read any responses, but my first guess is that it won't get to other employers because it can be considered blacklisting. tell your friend to chill and smoke some hash. and then drink copious quantities of gatorade.

djj6835
10-20-2005, 12:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
my friend has smoked weed probably every day forthe last 4 years. He was notified of a drug test only 72 hours before hand and passed. He went to a head shop and got whatever random "detoxifier" they were selling. It seemed to work.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see responses like this to this question all the time. I'm not sure if you are aware of this but just because you take a "drug test" doesn't mean they actual run any test on your sample. Sending a sample away for drug testing can be very expensive and many companies will only actually test a small sample of the total samples they take.
If your friend actually passed a drug test only 72 hours after smoking it is more likely that they simply didn't test his sample as opposed to the detoxifier actually working.