PDA

View Full Version : To those that play 10+ tables:

Freudian
10-19-2005, 06:28 PM
Has the reduced time to act on Party forced you to cut down on the number of tables you play?

10-19-2005, 07:34 PM
um yeah, its kickin my ass right now, I went back to 4 tables and watching the forums... but Im gonna try 6 tonight.

I wasn't paying attention to it, but I thought something was wrong... thanks for posting this, I was scaring myself.

SCfuji
10-19-2005, 07:35 PM
hey freud

what was the old timer and what is the new timer?

psyduck
10-19-2005, 07:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
um yeah, its kickin my ass right now, I went back to 4 tables and watching the forums... but Im gonna try 6 tonight.

I wasn't paying attention to it, but I thought something was wrong... thanks for posting this, I was scaring myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] this is why I'm making so many mistakes when I play 10 tables.

Freudian
10-19-2005, 07:43 PM
Without knowing I would guess they shaved at least 5 seconds off the time you have to act.

I know they did reduce the time but can't remember reading the exact number. It is clearly noticable when I 8-table though.

Lucid1
10-19-2005, 08:16 PM
Yup, clearly noticable to me too.

Most of the time 10-tabling with the new timer is still easier than 13-tabling with the old one - but in the most busy periods I'm sometimes closer to timing out than I used to...

tigerite
10-19-2005, 08:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I find 6 to be about right for me, can do 8 if fully awake, 4 if I'm feeling lazy.

There has definitely been a reduction in the time by 5 seconds though, yes.

gp?
10-19-2005, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Has the reduced time to act on Party forced you to cut down on the number of tables you play?

[/ QUOTE ]i havent had a problem with it

AA suited
10-19-2005, 08:39 PM
ah.. glad you bought up the topic of time. it reminded me to look at when the timebank activates.

Time bank activates when both conditions are met:
"The player is connected to the system and his/her time to act expires.
The player has money invested in the pot."

i always thought the time bank activates automatically when your regular time expires. that explains why my hands fold preflop when i'm not a blind. sigh..

yeah, the 15 sec clock has made me cut down to 8 tables. with 10 tables, i'm on 3 monitors. i keep timing out on the 2 tables on the 3rd monitor since i concentrate more on the other monitors because they have more games on them.

wished the time bank activated whenever your regular time runs out, even if you dont have $ in the pot. /images/graemlins/frown.gif