PDA

View Full Version : Do you c/r, c/c or lead this river?

nomadtla
10-19-2005, 05:58 PM
The Villan is a little loser then a solid player but not out of line (25/6.5/1.9 after 50 hands). For Absolute he's about an average player. Postflop he seems to take shots when he see's weakness but no one's called him on it yet so I can't tell if he's taking shots or has it. This is the first hand we've tangled. The table just lost some players so it's 7 handed.

Absolute (9 handed, 7 players) .50/1
Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/heart.gifT/images/graemlins/club.gif
3 folds, Hero Raises, Button calls, 2 Folds

Preflop seems standard.

Flop: (5.5 sb) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif8/images/graemlins/club.gif7/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 players)
Hero bets, Button calls

Standard continuation bet w/ UI overs, BDFD, BDSD.

Turn: (3.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 players)
Hero checks, Button checks

My overs are cut to one and thought he might have hit that flush card. Plan was check/call if needed, like the check through. I know if I check any river at this point he will bet 90% because he's done it at every oportunity I've seen (4 total)

River: (3.5 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 players)
Hero?

I think the +EV play here is checking I think he will bet many hands I beat, but my flush is only ten high so I don't think I have value in c/r.

What do you guys think, help on any street is appreciated, would particularly like river advice and reasoning.

10-19-2005, 06:02 PM
I think I would bet the river and think about folding to a raise. I really doubt he is going to be a hand that you beat, but I think he will call some hands that you don't beat (like pocket pairs, especially if he has a /images/graemlins/club.gif)

lautzutao
10-19-2005, 06:52 PM
I think you have to bet here. He will call with any spade lower than a T

lautzutao
10-19-2005, 06:55 PM
Would knowing that villian takes shots make you change your mind about folding to a raise? I think the way OP described villian would make me think he's raising any /images/graemlins/club.gif in his hand

cold_cash
10-19-2005, 07:03 PM
What's the secret to getting the converter to work with Absolute hand histories?

10-19-2005, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What's the secret to getting the converter to work with Absolute hand histories?

[/ QUOTE ]
The secret is to write them up manually.

cold_cash
10-19-2005, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Got any other secrets? I'm far too lazy for this one.

Since I've screwed up this thread I guess I should comment on the hand:

If you think he's more likely to bluff than he is to call, I would check.

If you think he's more likely to call than bluff, I would bet.

If you're afraid he might checkraise bluff, I would check. (This player will likely bluff bet anyway, so you still win a bet.)

nomadtla
10-19-2005, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Got any other secrets? I'm far too lazy for this one.

Since I've screwed up this thread I guess I should comment on the hand:

If you think he's more likely to bluff than he is to call, I would check.

If you think he's more likely to call than bluff, I would bet.

If you're afraid he might checkraise bluff, I would check. (This player will likely bluff bet anyway, so you still win a bet.)

[/ QUOTE ]

There are no other secrets as you can tell by the lack of sweet colors I did this by hand.

AS for the hand I think he is more likely to bluff deffinately so I was thinking check, but is there EV in raising his bluff.

10-19-2005, 07:30 PM
I think c/r the river is probably a bad idea. I really think he value bets a bigger flush or a non-flush hand, and will check behind with something like 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif.

bozlax
10-19-2005, 07:31 PM
Just check/call...being 3-bet would suck.

(I think I'll come up with a macro to type that for me.)

aces_dad
10-19-2005, 07:36 PM
That or some snazzy acronym like JCC...BTBWS. I could see this overtaking SIIHP soon.

Err, this means I agree with boz here.

lautzutao
10-19-2005, 07:42 PM
Again, this player likes to take shots at people to win pots. You don't think you're going to profit from his raise? I guess I don't know the frequency of his bluffs but it sounds fairly often. If he bluffs more than 1 in 5 times here isn't this a profitable call if we give him the opportunity to raise us?

Shillx
10-19-2005, 07:45 PM
NEVER check a flush in this spot. You are betting a lot of non-flush hands, so you also have to bet the flushes.

Duerig
10-19-2005, 07:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know if I check any river at this point he will bet 90% because he's done it at every oportunity I've seen (4 total)

[/ QUOTE ]

4 Hands isn't that many. Whats more important is the kind of stuff he's been showing down, the texture of the board when checked to him, etc. I'd lead the river.

aces_dad
10-19-2005, 07:47 PM
The read provided was:

Postflop he seems to take shots when he see's weakness

I wouldn't correlate that read with often river 3bet/bluff vs a c/r on a four flush board.

lautzutao
10-19-2005, 07:55 PM
Ok, but I'd still bet out here /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

aces_dad
10-19-2005, 08:08 PM
Yeah and after reading Brad's post I'm re-thinking my line here as well ...

lautzutao
10-19-2005, 08:14 PM
May I ask why you say that?

Against a player that seems to bet a lot in spots where this might induce a bet, a check could be a good play yes? I don't understand why you NEVER check a flush, especially a 4-flush.