PDA

View Full Version : bought a "herb" vaporizer

whiskeytown
10-19-2005, 05:50 PM
did some digging around, found a nice one off of Google - figured I'd give it a shot - expensive, but if it's more buzz for less effort/smoke, I'm all for that.

here's the model - (http://www.marijuanavaporizer.com/deluxe-vaporizer.html)

I'm just not thrilled with smoking - plus I'm getting used to coughing - so I'm gonna see how this goes.

RB

The Yugoslavian
10-19-2005, 06:04 PM
Talk with stupidsucker of STTF infamy....he pimps the vapo like it ain't no thang.

Yugoslav

DoubleDown
10-19-2005, 07:35 PM
a "trip report" would be well-recieved

in your opinion how does it compare to a joint?/water-pipe?/regular pipe?/blunt?/other?

also... how did you decide on this particular model? i've heard that the volcano is the most popular brand. its also hella expensive ($500+, i think). did you ever consider purchasing that instead?

kurosh
10-19-2005, 07:41 PM
Two days ago THE VOLCANO was sent on a magical journey from Amsterdam to my house. I will post a trip report when it arrives.

Cumulonimbus
10-19-2005, 08:09 PM
Any of you pOOTheads out there no anything about this pipe/vaporizer? (https://www.vaporwarez.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=46&osCsid=11080597579 0d55a68887bd56abac9aa&osCsid=110805975790d55a68887 bd56abac9aa)

It's got some good reviews, it's cheap, and it's small.

jnalpak
10-19-2005, 08:21 PM
there are better models out there but for a little more money...they are SOLID contraptions and highly recommended for a stink-less session

solid high

whiskeytown
10-19-2005, 08:56 PM
I will be posting a trip report with mine too -

sounds like it's the way to get maximum buzz for the least amount of grief - delivers almost 95 % of the THC to you - should be cool - remind me of the buzz I had 6 mos. ago - and it's even better then bongs as far as cleanness goes -

I'm excited - anything worth doing is worth overdoing if it's substance abuse - /images/graemlins/grin.gif

RB

Sponger15SB
10-19-2005, 08:59 PM
Since when are you OOT expert on smoking? I swear every like 4 days I see a post about smoking weed from you.

Stoner. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

whiskeytown
10-19-2005, 09:03 PM
ever since I quit drinking I have an obscene amount of free time -

like an obscene amount - like carpel tunnel in two weeks from Xbox playing -

I'm becoming a permanent bachelor - recliner, TV, frozen pizza, coke, and weed - and I never leave the living room - but it beats going out and breaking taillights and throwing up and hangovers and depression.

sad, ain't it /images/graemlins/grin.gif But at the same time, I've got this vast knowledge base that needs to be filled - I grew up around this stuff, and never heard of a vaporizer or why people used bongs -

I am taping the vast wealth of knowledge of OOT on this topic, and it is good.

RB

send_the_msg
10-19-2005, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Any of you pOOTheads out there no anything about this pipe/vaporizer? (https://www.vaporwarez.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=46&osCsid=11080597579 0d55a68887bd56abac9aa&osCsid=110805975790d55a68887 bd56abac9aa)

[/ QUOTE ]

i had one that looked exactly like that but made by "vapor bros". anyway it kicked ass and created very little smell, so it's perfect for people in leaky apts.

send_the_msg
10-19-2005, 09:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm just not thrilled with smoking - plus I'm getting used to coughing - so I'm gonna see how this goes.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not sure you'll feel the same as i did, but after vaporizing a lot, it's fun to smoke also. a good mix keeps your brain off balance.

MrFeelNothin
10-19-2005, 09:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i had one that looked exactly like that but made by "vapor bros". anyway it kicked ass and created very little smell, so it's perfect for people in leaky apts.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have the vapor bros vap. as well. bought it for around $170 last year if i recall correctly and couldnt be happier. its a different but excellent high and it gives you the ability to smoke in your parents' basement while sitting in your parents' lazboy and watching your parents' big-screen.

Skipbidder
10-19-2005, 09:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it gives you the ability to smoke in your parents' basement while sitting in your parents' lazboy and watching your parents' big-screen.

[/ QUOTE ]

It comes with a free lazyboy and big-screen? Cool.

xorbie
10-20-2005, 02:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Two days ago THE VOLCANO was sent on a magical journey from Amsterdam to my house. I will post a trip report when it arrives.

[/ QUOTE ]

You plan on bringing this thing to college if/when you get allowed back in?

send_the_msg
10-20-2005, 02:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i have the vapor bros vap. as well. bought it for around $170 last year if i recall correctly and couldnt be happier. its a different but excellent high and it gives you the ability to smoke in your parents' basement while sitting in your parents' lazboy and watching your parents' big-screen.

[/ QUOTE ]

and when your parents come down to tell you the volume's up too loud, it's a "space heater"

ChipWrecked
10-20-2005, 03:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm becoming a permanent bachelor - recliner, TV, frozen pizza, coke, and weed - and I never leave the living room - but it beats going out and breaking taillights and throwing up and hangovers and depression.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, this is a recipie for more depression from my experience.

Seriously, you might want to investigate the root cause of your exchanging one buzz for another.

Exitonly
10-20-2005, 03:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

which coke are you referring to?

Other than that, and being a 'bachelor' (well still am, but have a serious gf) that descibres my life far tooooo much. I go from my bed, to my recliner (where my computer is) where i'll spend the rest of my day.

I figure i'll become more active once the girlfriend moves back to the area. Or, when my friends get back from college.

CardSharpCook
10-20-2005, 03:48 AM
vaporizers are lame. Be a man.

xorbie
10-20-2005, 03:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
vaporizers are the [censored], way to go man.

[/ QUOTE ]

Malachii
10-20-2005, 04:05 AM
You can make one fairly easily. Try Googling it. I wouldn't want to order this from overseas with a credit card, but maybe I'm just paranoid.

Cumulonimbus
10-20-2005, 04:31 AM
This thread has inspired me. I may just buy this:
http://www.xijix.com/vapir/vapirs.jpg

In green, of course.

Jules22
10-20-2005, 05:18 AM
i dont think i could smoke like that daily, that "minty" weed taste is kinda gross to me, and it makes me cough really bad. does get you blazed out tho, which is always a bonus

Malachii
10-20-2005, 06:34 AM
A vaporizer makes you cough? You must be smoking out of one shitty vape

Jeebus
10-20-2005, 08:59 AM
I've heard mixed reviews on these, thought about getting one though. Let me know how it works out.
On a side note, my original tommy chong bong got broke at my roommates 21st bday party. SoI go a brand new 3 1/2 footer. I can't imagine not using a bong.

DcifrThs
10-20-2005, 09:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ever since I quit drinking I have an obscene amount of free time -

like an obscene amount - like carpel tunnel in two weeks from Xbox playing -

sad, ain't it /images/graemlins/grin.gif But at the same time, I've got this vast knowledge base that needs to be filled - I grew up around this stuff, and never heard of a vaporizer or why people used bongs -

I am taping the vast wealth of knowledge of OOT on this topic, and it is good.

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

play poker? make money?

Barron

DoubleDown
10-20-2005, 09:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

vapir

In green, of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw, i've read some not-so-great reviews regarding this vaporizer. from what ive read if you're going to get a vaporizer it should be the Volcano. other ones may be decent, but are all sub-par compared to the vaporizer. most of the 1st-person reviews on the net give the impression that if you can afford the Volcano, get the Volcano, because the quality of your experience will be far superior.

Cumulonimbus
10-20-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

vapir

In green, of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw, i've read some not-so-great reviews regarding this vaporizer. from what ive read if you're going to get a vaporizer it should be the Volcano. other ones may be decent, but are all sub-par compared to the vaporizer. most of the 1st-person reviews on the net give the impression that if you can afford the Volcano, get the Volcano, because the quality of your experience will be far superior.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? [censored], thanks!

benza13
10-20-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I will be posting a trip report with mine too -

sounds like it's the way to get maximum buzz for the least amount of grief - delivers almost 95 % of the THC to you - should be cool - remind me of the buzz I had 6 mos. ago - and it's even better then bongs as far as cleanness goes -

I'm excited - anything worth doing is worth overdoing if it's substance abuse - /images/graemlins/grin.gif

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, its been a while, where's the trip report? Or did you forget, stoner? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

wonderwes
10-20-2005, 06:47 PM
http://www.trueshopping.co.uk/images/products/22469_image.jpg

We use turkey bags. Now that is a cool device. We used a heat gun like this (different model/design). You can fill up an entire bag, and pass it around to all your friends. This is the best way to go. Your lungs, yes your lungs, will thank you. You will get straight vapor and no smoke.

DoubleDown
10-21-2005, 11:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

vapir

In green, of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw, i've read some not-so-great reviews regarding this vaporizer. from what ive read if you're going to get a vaporizer it should be the Super Vapezilla. other ones may be decent, but are all sub-par compared to the Super Vapezilla.

[/ QUOTE ]

FMP

MonkeeMan
10-21-2005, 11:46 AM
This all looks way too high tech, instead "roll another one, just like the other one" for maximum enjoyment.

FishInAPhoneBooth
10-21-2005, 12:36 PM
Conduction vaporizers are not that efficient, but still better than burning it. What you really want is a convection one. For smaller amounts, nothing beats the eterra (http://www.lightwell.net/tulip/lowres.html). Each hit is .1g. I dare you to take 3.

For larger amounts your want a volcano valve set (http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B000AQFHGQ/102-2238856-7832159?SubscriptionId=0ZEN2Y8QF01177MHHH82) and a Steinel digital heat gun (http://froogle.google.com/froogle_cluster?btnG=Search+Froogle&hl=en&oid=7151 843746500195533&pid=4834532080214838923&q=steinel+ lcd&scoring=p). Doesn't have the reload time associated with most vaporizers, which makes it great for social smoking.

Cumulonimbus
10-21-2005, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Conduction vaporizers are not that efficient, but still better than burning it. What you really want is a convection one. For smaller amounts, nothing beats the eterra (http://www.lightwell.net/tulip/lowres.html). Each hit is .1g. I dare you to take 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

Should I buy it?

EDIT: I don't know how the hell this thing works.

DoubleDown
10-21-2005, 01:28 PM
i think these guys (http://www.cannabiscup.com/ht/cancup/content.php?bid=31&aid=9) might have some idea of what they're talking about

...if you're in the market for a vaporizer it might be worth it to wait a few weeks and see who takes home the Cup at this year's competition

Cumulonimbus
10-21-2005, 01:46 PM
Ruh oh, I think I found a winner...

http://www.vaportechco.com/images/vaporizer.jpg

Two-time Cannabis Cup Winner: Vaportech Vaporizer.

augie00
10-21-2005, 02:26 PM
The one that you linked to will most likely suck. i had one like it and it sucked. get the volcano.

Cumulonimbus
10-21-2005, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The one that you linked to will most likely suck. i had one like it and it sucked. get the volcano.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who's link?

DoubleDown
11-02-2005, 09:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I will be posting a trip report with mine too

[/ QUOTE ]

bumpizzle mah nizzle

whiskeytown
11-02-2005, 09:51 PM
normally I would be pissed this thread was also ghost bumped/resurrected -

but I got it today - you're right - it looks chinzey - the rubber seals feel loose and one didn't fit too well -haven't tried it yet - I may once and decide to go the volcano route - but that's $600 I don't have right now.

RB

kurosh
11-02-2005, 10:57 PM
I posted a trip report with my volcano a few nights ago. It rules.