PDA

View Full Version : AK UI

irishpint
10-19-2005, 05:26 PM
posted in hush, too, but i like you guys a lot and think this stuff spurs good convo.

2/4 6max i raise AKo UTG and get an unknown in MP to call.

flop is 88T, 2 spades (i have none) i bet and he calls. turn is a 4 of clubs and i check (?) and he checks behind. I bet the river, which is a 3 of diamonds. thoughts?

gharp
10-19-2005, 05:28 PM
I'd rather check-call the river. I don't think you'll get called often enough by hands you beat to make the bet worth it.

stillbr
10-19-2005, 05:28 PM
Bet the turn, Check-call the river.

irishpint
10-19-2005, 05:30 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
I'd rather check-call the river. I don't think you'll get called often enough by hands you beat to make the bet worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

right. a worse A high or a busted draw will bet but wont call. what was i thinkin?

milesdyson
my default is to bet the turn and check call the river. this hand is more "discussable" if you have a read, but that's how i normally play it.

do you expect him to call your river bet with A/K high?

With that drawless board Im almost betting the river too but checking behind on the river is fine. Bet the turn though.

edit. Didnt see that we didnt have position. I think I bet/fold then.

irishpint
Bet the turn, Check-call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think im raised on this turn a lot and i dont want to fold the best hand

milesdyson
10-19-2005, 05:31 PM
an unknown is rarely going to raise you off the best hand on this turn.

irishpint
10-19-2005, 05:32 PM
my default is to bet the turn and check call the river. this hand is more "discussable" if you have a read, but that's how i normally play it.

do you expect him to call your river bet with A/K high?

[/ QUOTE ]

fold to a turn raise obviously, but i feel like that's weak on this board. in hin dsight the river is an easy check/call since i want them busted draws and random bluffs

irishpint
10-19-2005, 05:33 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

so bet/fold the turn is cool? and if called c/c the river?

10-19-2005, 05:33 PM
No this is an easy fold to a turn CR since the pot is so little and there is no draw out there. If it was around 8BB I would call the turn and fold the river UI.

edit. cant get nothing right. with the spades out there I bet the turn and check call the river.

milesdyson
10-19-2005, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so bet/fold the turn is cool? and if called c/c the river?

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah bet folding is fine - there really just isn't much an unknown guy is going to raise you with that you beat, and you'll be drawing dead sometimes, too. you also have little to no implied odds on your A/K outs, because if you try to check raise he likely won't bet a T (or he'll 3-bet an 8), and if you lead, he can fold or raise again.

so yes. bet and fold the turn to a raise.