PDA

View Full Version : Absolute change rules

Bez
10-19-2005, 05:08 PM
You now need to play at least 2/4 to have a chance of clearing Absolute bonuses after they changed the rules. You need about 4 raked hands at 1/2 now for a reward point.

I received this e-mail:

Dear Michael

Thank you for your email.

We have changed our policies to accumulate absolute reward points as follows:

- 1 Point for every hand played in a REAL money ring game with a limit of $2/$4
or higher that has collected at least the minimum rake ($.25)
- 2 Points for every hand played in a real money ring game with a limit of
$3/$6 or higher that has collected at least the minimum rake ($.25)
- 4 Points for every dollar in tournament buy-in Fee ($10 + $1 tournament would
earn 4 points)

Our website will soon be updated.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Ana Cristina
Team Absolute ~ Customer Support
"Continuing to be the Best and Most Trusted"
Support@AbsolutePoker.com

Refer your friends to Absolute Poker today and we’ll hand you some FREE cash.
See www.absolutepoker.com/promotionsReferAFriend.asp (http://www.absolutepoker.com/promotionsReferAFriend.asp) for more details!

--Original Message--
Date: 10/18/05
To: support@absolutepoker.com
Subject: Raked hands[#1233714]

I have just completed 2 hours worth of table time playing $1-$2 limit 6max.
However, your system did not add my Absolute Reward Points at anywhere near
the accurate rate. I received 27 pts in the time I would expect to earn
around 100. I kept an eye on the total when I realised this problem, and it
took 4 raked hands before a point was added.

Could you please look into this and add the appropriate number of points to
my account, along with any bonus money this may release.

primetime32
10-19-2005, 05:15 PM
where did you read that?

Schwartzy61
10-19-2005, 05:18 PM
There's a thread in the Internet Forum that talks about Absolute having some technical issues and not all hands were being properly counted. But everyone said they fixed it and everything was back to clearing as normal. Do you have a link or some proof to these changed rules?

primetime32
10-19-2005, 05:20 PM
He is wrong. Just played a hand at .50/1 NL,rake was .30 cents and it counted towards the bonus.

People_Mover
10-19-2005, 05:22 PM
There's no change YET. On the Absolute Poker Forums, there's rumors about it, but everything is still the same. 25% reload today. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Bez
10-19-2005, 05:23 PM
I received this e-mail:

Dear Michael

Thank you for your email.

We have changed our policies to accumulate absolute reward points as follows:

- 1 Point for every hand played in a REAL money ring game with a limit of $2/$4
or higher that has collected at least the minimum rake ($.25)
- 2 Points for every hand played in a real money ring game with a limit of
$3/$6 or higher that has collected at least the minimum rake ($.25)
- 4 Points for every dollar in tournament buy-in Fee ($10 + $1 tournament would
earn 4 points)

Our website will soon be updated.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Ana Cristina
Support@AbsolutePoker.com

Refer your friends to Absolute Poker today and we’ll hand you some FREE cash.
See www.absolutepoker.com/promotionsReferAFriend.asp (http://www.absolutepoker.com/promotionsReferAFriend.asp) for more details!

--Original Message--
Date: 10/18/05
To: support@absolutepoker.com
Subject: Raked hands[#1233714]

I have just completed 2 hours worth of table time playing $1-$2 limit 6max.
However, your system did not add my Absolute Reward Points at anywhere near
the accurate rate. I received 27 pts in the time I would expect to earn
around 100. I kept an eye on the total when I realised this problem, and it
took 4 raked hands before a point was added.

Could you please look into this and add the appropriate number of points to
my account, along with any bonus money this may release.

primetime32
10-19-2005, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There's no change YET. On the Absolute Poker Forums, there's rumors about it, but everything is still the same. 25% reload today. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a technical problem which changed it yesterday. When they were notified by email they sent everyone an email apologizing for the problem and crediting everyone with an extra 10 in bonus. So i dont think anything major is iminent.

However, i wouldnt be shocked if they made it slightly more difficult for the low stakes players to clear the bonuses.

titans01
10-19-2005, 05:39 PM
Are you sure this for the points to clear a bonus? Absolute reward points are different. Absolute reward points are used towards tourney entries and merchandise. The numbers you are posting sounds like the way it has always been in regards to Absolute reward points. Bonus points are different. I'm at work now and can't check into this but will look when I get home.

Bez
10-19-2005, 05:41 PM
I mentioned bonus money in my e-mail to them but it is certainly feasible they didn't answer it correctly. However, before points for bonuses and reward points accrued at the same rate. 100 pts for $10 bonus isn't it?

Sniper
10-19-2005, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1 Point for every hand played in a REAL money ring game with a limit of $2/$4 or higher that has collected at least the minimum rake ($.25)

[/ QUOTE ]

That should read "or lower".

silencio
10-19-2005, 05:51 PM
It does seem that they are talking about the points which you can redeem at their store and not bonus points. This will actually make sense (in an Absolute sort of way) since the these reward points accumulate pretty fast. I've been there about a week and I already have almost 4000 points.

On the other hand these points are useless because their store sucks.

titans01
10-19-2005, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I mentioned bonus money in my e-mail to them but it is certainly feasible they didn't answer it correctly. However, before points for bonuses and reward points accrued at the same rate. 100 pts for $10 bonus isn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]
Say you are in a $3/$6 game and a hand gets rake. This is worth 1 point towards working off a bonus but it's worth 2 points towards getting that awesome bobblehead.

primetime32
10-19-2005, 06:03 PM
Now i see where you are coming from. But i was just playing there and the points were accumulating for the bonus as they always have.

FishHooks
10-19-2005, 06:09 PM
So to clear everything up, everything is back to pre 2 days ago in terms of bonus whoring at absolute?

titans01
10-19-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So to clear everything up, everything is back to pre 2 days ago in terms of bonus whoring at absolute?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I just got home and played 1 hand of $1/$2 that was raked and I got 1 bonus point.

uncleshady
10-19-2005, 06:40 PM
Nobody cares about the absolute reward points anyhow. Maybe we should all just stop emailing support and giving them ideas of how to run their site like pokerroom.

Sniper
10-19-2005, 06:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nobody cares about the absolute reward points anyhow.

[/ QUOTE ]

At 10,000 points you become a VIP /images/graemlins/wink.gif

FishHooks
10-19-2005, 07:37 PM
What does VIP mean at absolute? lol

irishpint
10-19-2005, 07:42 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
Nobody cares about the absolute reward points anyhow. Maybe we should all just stop emailing support and giving them ideas of how to run their site like pokerroom.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, you need to change your picture dude

10-19-2005, 07:42 PM
I played about 4 hours last night at Absolute. I earned about 1/4th of the reward points (used for the store), however, the points that went toward my bonus appeared the same. Perhaps it is a glitch, or perhaps they are making it harder to get shirts. =)

TobDog
10-19-2005, 11:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What does VIP mean at absolute?

[/ QUOTE ]

It means you learned to use the cashier to make a deposit. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

uncleshady
10-20-2005, 01:43 AM
http://www.maybe.com/blog/meformyblog.jpg

This you Marian?

Or are we stealing the pic from the same place?

10-20-2005, 03:42 AM
The bonus accumulation might be the same but the rake schedule has changed. Instead of taking 10 cents every $2, they now take 5 cents every $1 (at least at 0.5/1).

There is an upside though - pot only needs to reach $5 to count towards bonus rather than $6.

jrz1972
10-20-2005, 08:54 AM
I noticed last night that my ARP points weren't accumulating right either. I emailed support and had the following waiting in my box for me this morning:

[ QUOTE ]
Dear *****,

Thank you for your email. Due to a glitch our system was given ARP points to almost every table regardless the requirement of this program, this problem has been corrected. If you have any doubt regarding a ring game or tournament please let us know and we will check for you.

Please visit the next link to get full information about our ARP Program, I quote just the requirements for you:

http://www.absolutepoker.com/promotionsARP.asp

Points are awarded to players as follows:

1 Point for every hand played in a REAL money ring game with a limit of $2/$4 or lower that has collected at least the minimum rake ($.25)
2 Points for every hand played in a real money ring game with a limit of $3/$6 or higher that has collected at least the minimum rake ($.25)
4 Points for every dollar in tournament buy-in Fee. Please note that the tournament fee is now collected as a 9% of the total of the prize pool and that AR points will be based on the fee collected rounded up to the closest whole number. For example a $10 tourney will generate $0.90 in fees, and will earn 4 points.

Thanks for playing at Absolute Poker! If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know. We're here for you!

Sincerely,

Alex

[/ QUOTE ]

1. So the first email in this thread was wrong. It's 2/4 OR LOWER, not 2/4 or higher.

2. They claim they fixed the mistake. I'm at work so I can't check it out now, but I'm sure somebody around here plays low-limits at Absolute during the day and can verify whether ARPs are accruing properly or not. (It's darn near 1 hand = 1 ARP, so it's not that difficult to check).

3. This has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with clearing bonuses. It's just about getting Absolute swag and CardPlayer subscriptions. Since my lifelong dream has always been to turn myself into a walking billboard for online gambling proprietors, the swag-accumulation issue is critical. For others, it's probably not a big deal either way.

lane mcbride
10-20-2005, 08:08 PM
is anyone else's arp points still all messed up? I just played six hands and got 1 arp point (all of them were raked).

TXTiger
10-20-2005, 08:55 PM
I just checked my PT numbers and the last 243 hands I have played at AP it says they have raked 6.91% of the pot. This is at 5/10 short

MyTurn2Raise
10-20-2005, 09:57 PM
yep...the rake is high at Absolute, because they begin lower and have more intervals. However, rakeback and bonuses should counter.

TXTiger
10-20-2005, 10:24 PM
Yeah but rake at AP can't be over twice as much as the other sites. My pokertracker numbers say that I am paying $53 an hour in rake per table (giving each player an equal share).

Pokeraddict
10-21-2005, 01:10 AM
Did you get the patch in the las 3 days from Pokertracker? AP went to hard drive HH's and they will not load correctly without it. Just an idea. From watching the games it seems to be $1 per $20 up to $3 for 5/10. If you got unlucky the highest it could be is 5%, maybe a PT bug?

wonderwes
10-22-2005, 07:51 AM
I just signed up on Absolute. Won my first sng. Does clearing the bonus take a while or is it actually very fast? I hate the $10 increments. I just love a lump sum of cash.

runout_mick
10-23-2005, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just signed up on Absolute. Won my first sng. Does clearing the bonus take a while or is it actually very fast? I hate the $10 increments. I just love a lump sum of cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

I found the bonuses at AP to clear VERY fast compared to other sites, but I play mostly NL ring games. Probably a lot slower in sngs.

wonderwes
10-25-2005, 11:17 PM
I never knew the cashouts took 48 hours. Thats a long freaking time.

kevstreet
10-26-2005, 08:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been trying to clear a $200 bonus for approximately one week. It will take a long time to clear your bonus playing primarily STTs. I've been splashing around in the limit and NL cash games, approx 2-3 tables at a time; I've cleared $150 so far. It's fun and a very nice change from SnGs. So far so good, I'm pretty happy w/ Absolute Poker.