PDA

View Full Version : $5.50, 4-handed preflop decision (perhaps)

El Ishmael
10-19-2005, 05:06 PM
Hey,

I was wondering if this was a clear fold based on the short stack's chip position. If so, what hands would you consider playing in this spot?

I had been taking a pretty brutal hit of cards at this point and hadn't been involved much.

The BB was a fairly good player who was getting aggressive as of late.

The short stack was very tight given his desperate position and was folding too much, IMO.

The SB had acquired a big stack early on through very loose calls and some over aggressive preflop play and had maintained it. He raises tons and tons of hands and is fairly liberal in calling an all-in of my stack size here (with a wide spread of hands).

Tell me what you think.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t1513)
Button (t723)
SB (t8334)
BB (t2930)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.

10-19-2005, 08:06 PM
Wait for short stack to bust out. Big stack has enough chip lead to call your all-in with any two. Once shorty busts and you are in the money, push any hand big stack is not in.

durron597
10-19-2005, 08:22 PM
This is a pretty close decision, I am pushing 100/200 but I think you can wait at 75/150. 100/200/a25 this is a clear push.