PDA

View Full Version : AK hits flop, did I extract as much as I could have?

Yako
10-19-2005, 05:00 PM
Yeah, I think it sad that I have to ask such basic questions even though I've been playing 2/4 for about 15k hands now...

So villain is 41.18/0/0 after 17 hands.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB :#A500AF(Villain)/ calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villain checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Villain calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB

Now, did I use the right line here to extract as much as I could? For some reason, I thought he might be bluffing, so I decided to call the flop and turn bets and raise the river, because that's what wins me the most money when he is bluffing (Note, I do expect him to bluff the river too). But if he has a weaker king, what wins me the most money? Is it this same line? If it isn't, then it was the turn I was supposed to raise? So yeah, I'm a pretty lousy 2/4 player /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Editted for the topic grammar /images/graemlins/wink.gif

stillbr
10-19-2005, 05:22 PM
Looks good. If he had bet the river I would raise any card that fell.

toss
10-19-2005, 05:35 PM
You really need to stick in a raise on the flop or turn. Villain can easily be betting with a lower kicker or lower pocket pair.

bobhalford
10-19-2005, 05:41 PM
I don't think I've ever done this with AK, but it's an interesting line. I would raise the turn, but that might be an expensive if he has trips. If he has a K (more likely than trips), he will call your raise on the turn and then maybe another bet on the river, making you 3BB as opposed to your line which only gets you 2 BB.

uw_madtown
10-19-2005, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I think it sad that I have to ask such basic questions even though I've been playing 2/4 for about 15k hands now...

So villain is 41.18/0/0 after 17 hands.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB :#A500AF(Villain)/ calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villain bets, Hero raises.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Whew. That's better.

Yako
10-19-2005, 06:50 PM
Just to clarify, I was like 99.9% sure that I had the best hand. I just wanted to make sure I got as much money out of it as possible. But yeah, I realize now that it's better to raise the turn.

As it turns out, villain had KQ, and totally choked when the A fell on the river. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

10-19-2005, 06:54 PM
i raise the turn. the villain probably has a weak king like k10, and there is no way he is folding to a turn raise. it seems like hes bad enough that he would call down with any pair in this spot, despite the strength you show on the turn.