PDA

View Full Version : FieryJustice may leave school, but Stanzee ain't no school quitter!

stanzee
10-19-2005, 04:50 PM
Just read part of a thread from FieryJustice saying he's gonna quit his degree to take up poker, and the past year i've heard a few (to say the least!) poker kids saying that they're dropping out of Uni to play poker.

Well, this ain't for Stanzee, in fact Stanzee's gonna do the opposite. When i should of started my degree a couple of years back, i was lucky enough to land myself a very nicely paid job in London, so opted out of studying. 18 months ago gaining a degree would of meant the special one quitting his nice cushy 9-5 job, with his semi-luxury lifestyle, to become a student who'd be broke all the time. Now Stanzee don't do broke!

Thanks to my god given talent for poker, i can now go to university and gain a degree without having to worry about money. You see, poker has given me the chance to go to college, not drop out of college, when before i would of never have considered it purely for financial reasons.

I'm enrolling for September 2006 and i think i'll look back at it as the best decision i've made in my life. Keep's my parents happy too!

I just can't wait to have more time for poker, and i also cant wait to be living it large EVERY single night of the week, meeting tons more girls then i currently have time for, drinking as much booze and doing as many recreational drugs as i want and not having to worry about getting up for work every morning. Who the hell would want to give that lifestyle up i ask you??? In fact, i think i'll actually be disappointed if i haven't caught aids by the time i've finished with college /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

pooh74
10-19-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just read part of a thread from FieryJustice saying he's gonna quit his degree to take up poker, and the past year i've heard a few (to say the least!) poker kids saying that they're dropping out of Uni to play poker.

Well, this ain't for Stanzee, in fact Stanzee's gonna do the opposite. When i should of started my degree a couple of years back, i was lucky enough to land myself a very nicely paid job in London, so opted out of studying. 18 months ago gaining a degree would of meant the special one quitting his nice cushy 9-5 job, with his semi-luxury lifestyle, to become a student who'd be broke all the time. Now Stanzee don't do broke!

Thanks to my god given talent for poker, i can now go to university and gain a degree without having to worry about money. You see, poker has given me the chance to go to college, not drop out of college, when before i would of never have considered it purely for financial reasons.

I'm enrolling for September 2006 and i think i'll look back at it as the best decision i've made in my life. Keep's my parents happy too!

I just can't wait to have more time for poker, and i also cant wait to be living it large EVERY single night of the week, meeting tons more girls then i currently have time for, drinking as much booze and doing as many recreational drugs as i want and not having to worry about getting up for work every morning. Who the hell would want to give that lifestyle up i ask you??? In fact, i think i'll actually be disappointed if i haven't caught aids by the time i've finished with college /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he's not so dumb after all? good for you...I agree

tshort
10-19-2005, 05:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're going to study something like sociology or psychology, you might have time to play poker and party all the time. On the other hand, those fields might help you understand why no one likes you. You're probably not smart enough for an engineering or science degree anyway.

mjm
10-19-2005, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In fact, i think i'll actually be disappointed if i haven't caught aids by the time i've finished with college

[/ QUOTE ]

Good Luck

MegaBet
10-19-2005, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In fact, i think i'll actually be disappointed if i haven't caught aids by the time i've finished with college /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, funding your prostitution habit by playing the $5+$1 SNGs sounds like a great lifestyle... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

stanzee
10-19-2005, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If you're going to study something like sociology or psychology, you might have time to play poker and party all the time. On the other hand, those fields might help you understand why no one likes you. You're probably not smart enough for an engineering or science degree anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, i don't really care what you think about me, and i'm surprising myself by giving your reply the time of day. As far as brains are concerned i am smart enough to do engineering, maths, law or any of the science degrees. Unfortunately though, when God was handing me looks, charm, charisma, brains etc i think he accidently gave me laziness as well, so a degree in the above is out of the question because i know i wont put the work in. So yes, i am opting for a slightly "easier" degree. But hey, a degree in something is better than a degree in nothing.

FieryJustice
10-19-2005, 05:27 PM
FieryJustice quit school a while ago and is quite glad he did. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MegaBet
10-19-2005, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
FieryJustice quit school a while ago and is quite glad he did. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone see the difference between FieryJustice and stanzee, other than one dropping out of college and the other one deciding to finally start a degree? 10 points for the correct answer! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

SCfuji
10-19-2005, 05:30 PM
this school wouldnt happen to be on a far away island with no internet access, would it?

crossing my fingers,
fuji

10-19-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When i should of started my degree

[/ QUOTE ]Do they give degress to people who don't know the difference between "should of" and "should have"?

10-19-2005, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To be honest, i don't really care what you think about me

[/ QUOTE ]Then what was the point of the original post?

MegaBet
10-19-2005, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Do they give degress to people who don't know the difference between "should of" and "should have"?

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

stanzee
10-19-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone see the difference between FieryJustice and stanzee, other than one dropping out of college and the other one deciding to finally start a degree? 10 points for the correct answer! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, one is going to be out shagging loads of girls every night, while the other one is going to be knocking one out in front of his pc every night.

I mean no disrespect to FieryJustice, and i'm glad he's happy with his decision, but giving up school and not being in a work environment kinda limits you to meeting new people, in fact it almost sounds like he's secluding himself which i think is a shame. Life's too short. But i guess whatever makes you happy, you should do.

stanzee
10-19-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that's the laziness kicking in again /images/graemlins/blush.gif

FieryJustice
10-19-2005, 05:44 PM
I guess what most people dont understand about me is that I have no desire to meet fake people who think they are important, and I sure dont have a desire to work for someone else doing something I dont like.

MegaBet
10-19-2005, 05:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, one is going to be out shagging loads of girls every night, while the other one is going to be knocking one out in front of his pc every night.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I mean no disrespect to FieryJustice

[/ QUOTE ]

oh of course not!

[ QUOTE ]
and i'm glad he's happy with his decision, but giving up school and not being in a work environment kinda limits you to meeting new people, in fact it almost sounds like he's secluding himself which i think is a shame. Life's too short. But i guess whatever makes you happy, you should do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, the first time I have ever agreed with you! The end is coming!

10-19-2005, 06:46 PM
Even though I was pretty much always going to do it, going to uni was the best thing I ever did. I'm terrified of finishing my degree cos I kno it's all downhill from there.

microbet
10-19-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Even though I was pretty much always going to do it, going to uni was the best thing I ever did. I'm terrified of finishing my degree cos I kno it's all downhill from there.

[/ QUOTE ]
In everyone one of these kind of threads I feel like I have to represent the older folks. College was fun, but/and I enjoy life every bit as much now as I did in college. My impression is that Skip enjoys life more than most of you angst filled kids and he's about as much older than I am as I am older than most of you. And for those of you that think college is the best time of life, well, my 3 and 5 year old kids are probably an order of magnitude happier than any of you and they don't have to get drunk to get there.

10-19-2005, 07:07 PM
hey dont say that, because I might actually finish this seven year plan Im on.

I know it can't get better, if it does, I will be in heaven.

But yes, poker has absolutely given me the freedom of taking 18 hours a semester, and not worrying abuot it, because poker is a combination work/fun thing anyways.

plus I actually scored a girlfriend who plays... well!

btw, to the poster who asked whether or not they give degrees to reta...people who say "should of"..... you should see my class.

A degree is a piece of paper, no more... and it's not often that hard to get.

But hey stanzee, Im in computer science, and Im lazy, allright!

Fiery, screw everyone else, live your life the way you wanna. gg mate.

10-19-2005, 07:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
In everyone one of these kind of threads I feel like I have to represent the older folks. College was fun, but/and I enjoy life every bit as much now as I did in college. My impression is that Skip enjoys life more than most of you angst filled kids and he's about as much older than I am as I am older than most of you. And for those of you that think college is the best time of life, well, my 3 and 5 year old kids are probably an order of magnitude happier than any of you and they don't have to get drunk to get there.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's always reassuring to hear something like this, even if I am probably going to do the solitary 'Fiery' route and live in Barcelona, write and play poker. I'm a firm believer that as a guy your father has a massive bearing (unconsciously or not) on your life, and seeing as mine is stuck in a 9-5 job he hates with only his art to escape to, I figured I'd end up the same way.