PDA

View Full Version : 2 hands from foxwoods $2-5

nuSFwck
10-19-2005, 04:20 PM
it's monday morning and the game is full of crusty old regulars. i have a fairly taggy image. villian is very laggy preflop, and he goes a little far postflop as well. that said, he's still a decent player.

i ($500) raise to $25 utg with 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, and villian (MP, $700) is the only caller.
flop ($57) 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif
i bet $45, villian raises to $145, i fold.

fast forward like 18 hours later, it's 3am and the game is very loose. 5 limpers and i ($900) make it $50 with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif. one caller ($1k) and we see a flop.
flop (~$120) 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. i bet $80, villian calls.

turn ($280) brings the K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. he checks, and i check behind.

the river is 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. he bets $75, i minraise to $150 looking for action. he pushes without hesitation, and i call. is this an easy call?

how'd i do ??? i think i like my fold in the first hand, but the second hand has been bothering me for over a day now. it seems like villian could care less i may have the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.....

10-19-2005, 04:26 PM
Since you said the game was loose, it's possible that villain called your pre flop raise with Qd Jd. I'd be a bit worried when he comes over top on the river.

On the turn, both checked. he knows he' got the nuts and praying that another diamond hits on the river or the board pairs up.

How much did he push after your $150 raise?

HtotheNootch
10-19-2005, 04:30 PM
I'm fairly new, but I'll take a stab since if I'm wrong someone will explain why I'm wrong.

First one, I like the fold. Not really in the mood to go to war with a just an overpair in that situation.

Second one, I have to call. The only hands that beat me are 7d8d, and QdJd. If he's got either then good for him. I'm not good enough to fold the nut flush on an unpaired board.

aces_dad
10-19-2005, 04:34 PM
And 7d8d bets the turn with his vulnerable small flush, not attempting to hit the 6d for the straight flush. Only QJd seems possible here.

I do agree this is a tough laydown though ...

4_2_it
10-19-2005, 04:35 PM
1st hand -- TT probably not worth going to war with.

2nd hand -- It's 3AM!! How much has villain been drinking? I call this and if he has the straight flush I puke all over the table and take it as a sign that's its time to go get some sleep.

nuSFwck
10-19-2005, 04:48 PM
villian had not been drinking, he was actually a friend of mine whom i was on the trip with. he's a solid player, and he was incredibly sober.

aces_dad
10-19-2005, 05:02 PM
This is the same 2-5 game right? So your buddy called 25SB pre-flop against you with something like QJd and didn't give you a chance to fold on the turn?

Bet that was a fun car ride home.

nuSFwck
10-19-2005, 05:45 PM
haha, you make a great point. but i can't get mad for several reasons:
1. i called his all in, anticipating i would take his money
2. we take each others money in our weekly home game, so this wasn't a whole lot different.

seeing as i called his all-in (thinking i would rake the pot), i am not upset.

i stood up and said, "well, my uncle les says, 'when the money's gone...'", and i left.

thanks for the responses.