PDA

View Full Version : Laveranues Coles vs. Santana Moss

Jack of Arcades
10-19-2005, 04:18 PM
These two players will probably be compared to each other throughout their careers. Which do you feel is better?

Also, it seems obvious to me that over the past 3 years (since they parted ways), Santana has outproduced Laveranues. Here are the 3 year stats:

Laveranues: 198 receptions, 2443 yards, 8 TD, 124 first downs, 12.3 ypr
Santana: 152 receptions, 2574 yards, 19 TD, 113 first downs, 16.9 ypr.

Santana has more yards and the same amount of TD+FD despite 46 less receptions.

brettbrettr
10-19-2005, 04:20 PM
What happened to the "they're very different players" thing from last week? Didn't you also say then that this comparison isn't fair? I'm confused.

Jack of Arcades
10-19-2005, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What happened to the "they're very different players" thing from last week? Didn't you also say then that this comparison isn't fair? I'm confused.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I think they are. I'm also asking who people think are better. I just want to know the general consensus on the subject. I haven't voted.

brettbrettr
10-19-2005, 04:22 PM
Gotcha. I'm not voting either b/c I agree, they're very different.

TheRover
10-19-2005, 04:27 PM
I would need to know their team winning percentages.

Soul Daddy
10-19-2005, 04:28 PM
Moss is stepping into the elite receiver class while Coles has done little for 2+ years. I know he has had some hard luck with QB performances, but with each passing week it gets harder to find an argument for Laveranues.

brettbrettr
10-19-2005, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Moss is stepping into the elite receiver class

[/ QUOTE ]

He really is playing great right now. I'd like to see if he can play the full season.

I was watching that game last week and after Santana's second TD Daryl Johnston said , "Wow, I didn't know he was capable of such big plays." Has he *ever* seen him play before? Santana is a big play waiting to happen...

(On a side note, my friends are Skins fans so before the game I asked if they threw Santana the screen much. They said no. I said they should. Heh.)

10-19-2005, 04:36 PM
i think before this season everyone would say laverneus was better. lav has been in some bad situations the past two yrs so its hard to say.
when santanna was with the jets. the knack was he was a one dimensional speed threat and not the all around receiver laverneus was. but who knows maybe pennington just sucked/or was hurt

Jack of Arcades
10-19-2005, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Moss is stepping into the elite receiver class while Coles has done little for 2+ years. I know he has had some hard luck with QB performances, but with each passing week it gets harder to find an argument for Laveranues.

[/ QUOTE ]

So did Santana. After pennington came back from injury last year, Santana saw a big drop in performance