PDA

View Full Version : Missed blind rules question

MHunt
10-19-2005, 03:51 PM
Bay101 last night. I was seated in must move game about to post my small blind, when floorperson asked me to move. OK, I got up, but it turned out the floor made a mistake, so they sent me back to my original table. By now, I had missed my small blind, and I was now in cutoff seat.
I suggested I post a small blind to get back into the game, but was told I needed to post a full big blind, since I was considered "a new player". This seemed very unfair, since I just posted the big blind, missed out on my small blind hand as well as the button (note, no rake on button, they take it from the pot). And also, it wasn't my fault. So, I called for a ruling, but before the floorperson came over, another seat opened up, and now I could do my move. So, I never got a ruling, but I am very curious as to what it might have been ?

Thanks,
MHunt

Photoc
10-19-2005, 03:53 PM
You would have posted a dead small blind. The dealer didn't recognize you probably.

This thread better not get 2 pages long either, lol.

juanez
10-19-2005, 03:57 PM
Yeah, post a dead small blind only. Maybe there was a dealer change when you got up and the new guy didn't realize what happened?

AngusThermopyle
10-19-2005, 04:06 PM
Why "dead"? It wasn't his fault, he shouldn't be penalized in any way. Post the SB, but live.

And, knowing the Bay101 dealers, don't assume it was a new dealer or the old one who did not recognize him. And the floor's ruling could have been anything.

MHunt
10-19-2005, 04:20 PM
Thas was actually what I also thought. I obviously should NOT post a big blind. A small blind is right, but since this was not my mistake, it should be live.

private joker
10-19-2005, 04:48 PM
One time at Commerce I played my big blind and then took a bathroom break (I thought it was my small blind, and when you gotta go...). When I came back it was my turn for the button but I had missed my small blind. So the dealer pushed the button past me and made me post a big and a small in the cutoff. Even though I had just missed the small. And I didn't get to play my button.

That was an expensive pee. I don't really think that's a fair rule.

10-20-2005, 11:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
One time at Commerce I played my big blind and then took a bathroom break (I thought it was my small blind, and when you gotta go...). When I came back it was my turn for the button but I had missed my small blind. So the dealer pushed the button past me and made me post a big and a small in the cutoff. Even though I had just missed the small. And I didn't get to play my button.

That was an expensive pee. I don't really think that's a fair rule.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you paid your BB but missed your SB you have no claim to the button. However you should have only had to post your SB in the cutoff to get back in.

WDC
10-20-2005, 11:27 AM
Have no idea what is right but in the same situation I have been allowed to play my small and button before moving. Since you didn't it seems that posting the small makes the most sense.

Al_Capone_Junior
10-20-2005, 12:08 PM
Yeah, yeah, that is the "textbook" answer, but my decision would have been...

Start wildly kicking everyone in the nuts, and sort 'em out afterwords! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

al