PDA

View Full Version : ATs and a coordinated board

MaxPower
10-19-2005, 03:48 PM
15/30 game online.

Fairly loose very aggressive player limps UTG, I raise UTG+1 with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif, folded to the BB (slightly loose/not too aggresssive) who calls, UTG calls. 3 to the flop for 6 2/3 sb.

Flop: 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB bets, UTG calls, I call. pot 4.5BB

Turn: T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB bets, UTG calls, What is my plan?

Thanks.

@bsolute_luck
10-19-2005, 03:56 PM
i want to raise because it is possible i have the best hand and UTG is padding the pot now on his /images/graemlins/club.gif draw (possibly). my problem is what to do if i'm 3-bet by BB, which i don't have an answer....

BigBiceps
10-19-2005, 04:02 PM
Call.

This gives him a chance to bluff the river, if he misses whatever crazy draw he is on. If he checks this river and it is a non-club then you are probably safe to bet.

Evan
10-19-2005, 04:06 PM
I can't fathom not raising. I call down if I get 3 bet but I that's not happening as often as some people will think.

felix83
10-19-2005, 04:07 PM
I like a raise here; there's no reason to think you don't have the best hand, and until you've been shown a reason to believe otherwise get some more money in there.

If 3-bet, I'd call hoping for help on the river. Without any, I would probably fold to a bet, depending on whether the BB has come along all the way, making the pot big enough that it warrants a crying call.

Brunger
10-19-2005, 04:09 PM
We Hit!! raise it up. You said he isn't too aggressive so that means you should be able to fold to a 3-bet. Your hand is the best here a large portion of the time I would guess. Otherwise why are we calling on the flop if we don't think we make the best hand with a pair.

BigEndian
10-19-2005, 04:12 PM
Raise. Play from there.

- Jim

MaxPower
10-19-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't fathom not raising. I call down if I get 3 bet but I that's not happening as often as some people will think.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I raised. Now the big big blind called, and the UTG player (who had just been calling thus far) re-raised, I called and the BB folded.

The river was the Jack of Diamonds and I called a bet from UTG.

BigEndian
10-19-2005, 04:22 PM
Was he that crazy aggressive that you felt it merited a call-down when he woke up?

- Jim

bobhalford
10-19-2005, 05:39 PM
I would raise the flop in order to get a free card or maybe 2 if I need it.

Evan
10-19-2005, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I raised. Now the big big blind called, and the UTG player (who had just been calling thus far) re-raised, I called and the BB folded.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you should fold to the turn 3 bet. You're drawing dead usually. That being said, I'd call down out of a consistant form of tilt that I struggle with.

Luv2DriveTT
10-19-2005, 06:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What more do you know about UTG? Have you seen any other erratic play from him before? I liked your play up till this point, need more info to continue.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

Evan
10-19-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What more do you know about UTG? Have you seen any other erratic play from him before? I liked your play up till this point, need more info to continue.

[/ QUOTE ]
For some reason this made me laugh. I can just see you typing in chat "I refuse to play on until I gather more data." Maybe disconnect or something.

brettbrettr
10-19-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd call down out of a consistant form of tilt that I struggle with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its called showdown addiction and I too am afflicted.

Evan
10-19-2005, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd call down out of a consistent form of tilt that I struggle with.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The weird thing is that I probably see a lot fewer showdowns than most people (relative to how I play and all that), but against really weird lines like this I always have a hard time trusting myself. Part of that is the really weird lines like this often produce artificially bloated pots so you should call down more, but still I feel like I do too much. I'm conscious of it though, so at least it's something I can try to improve.

Luv2DriveTT
10-19-2005, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
For some reason this made me laugh. I can just see you typing in chat "I refuse to play on until I gather more data." Maybe disconnect or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you just made me laugh out loud at work. Way to get me busted goofing off /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MaxPower
10-19-2005, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd call down out of a consistent form of tilt that I struggle with.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The weird thing is that I probably see a lot fewer showdowns than most people (relative to how I play and all that), but against really weird lines like this I always have a hard time trusting myself. Part of that is the really weird lines like this often produce artificially bloated pots so you should call down more, but still I feel like I do too much. I'm conscious of it though, so at least it's something I can try to improve.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the same issue, especially when someone takes a weird line.