PDA

View Full Version : AJs vs. TAG. poorly played?

10-19-2005, 02:40 PM
I feel dirty.
TAGish table, but some LAGs. 25/9
Villain is 18/9/1.5 after about 10 hands.

fulltilt .5/1 (9 handed)
Pre-Flop: Hero gets A/images/graemlins/club.gifJ/images/graemlins/club.gif in MP2
Hero open raises, folds to villain in SB, who 3-bets. BB folds. Hero calls.
Flop: (7 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ/images/graemlins/club.gifJ/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Villain bets. Hero raises. Villain 3-bets, Hero calls.
Turn: (6.5 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif
Villain bets. Hero calls.
River: (8.5 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif
Villain bets. Hero raises. Villain calls.

I raised the flop, as I figured I might have the best hand, and have villain reverse dominated, plus the bdfd.
The turn, I was feeling fishy. I blame it on the coffee.
Flame away...

TripleH68
10-19-2005, 02:49 PM
Your read is short, but 18/9 3-betting from SB...

AA-88,AK,AQ,AJ,KQ come to mind. If you are going to commit to showdown raising the flop and calling a 3-bet is not a good play here.

Nice river.

Fantam
10-19-2005, 02:54 PM
I dont think that you played this hand that badly.

I would have preferred to call the flop bet, because you were only likely to be ahead of AK (or perhaps TT), in what I suspect was SB's preflop 3-betting range.

I would also have called the turn bet, because you had outs to improve (villain may have had some of your out cards). Also you just might (although I consider it unlikely) have had the best hand.

Nice suckout on the river. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

2+2 Junkie
10-19-2005, 03:10 PM
I wouldn't have called the turn. You probably are drawing to about 2 outs if he has AQ or AA, 5 if he has KK or KQ, and 0 outs to QQ. To me, you have only one condition that makes the call questionable, the rest make it an easy fold IMO.

cold_cash
10-19-2005, 03:14 PM
You're going to get 3-bet a ton on this flop.

El Ishmael
10-19-2005, 03:41 PM
I'd muck the turn here.

I'd probably just call down from the flop on, perhaps folding the river if I knew the guy alright.

lautzutao
10-19-2005, 03:48 PM
I think that you played the hand fairly well. Wouldn't have raised the flop though, but would have called down(until the river of course). The only 3-bet hand that you bet imo is AK. But I would have liked to have been sure he's only 3-betting hands like AQ+ Maybe his 3-bet standards are lower than ours...

2+2 wannabe
10-19-2005, 03:50 PM
we're way behind everything SB 3-bets other than AK

you have 5 outs here most of the time - if he plays AK this way on the flop and turn I call down.

if he doesn't play AK this way I probably fold the turn

edit: stupid lautzutao showing me up /images/graemlins/grin.gif

lautzutao
10-19-2005, 03:52 PM
I don't think ten hands is enough to define who this player is. You're more than likely right with finding a fold here, but we have a decent hand.

10-19-2005, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To me, you have only one condition that makes the call questionable

[/ QUOTE ]

If that condition would be delivering up a bad beat, and putting villain on tilt for the next several hands, then consider it a success!

Duerig
10-19-2005, 07:40 PM
I don't like the flop raise. You will scare AK and get 3bet by a ton of hands that beat you.