PDA

View Full Version : Any fun to be had in Pittsburgh?

mlh2e
10-19-2005, 01:45 PM
Headed up to Pittsburgh tomorrow for work. Have tickets to the Penguins game, but need something fun to do afterward.

Thanks for your help, and here is your pic...

http://c.myspace.com/00027/64/97/27077946_l.jpg

kyro
10-19-2005, 01:46 PM
when I visited my gf, she took me to station square and we rode one of the cable cars up the mountain (you'll know it when you see it.) I think it's called the Mt. Washington something or other. Anyways, the view from up top is pretty incredible.

jdl22
10-19-2005, 01:50 PM
Yeah, check out Mt. Washington.

Bulldog
10-19-2005, 01:53 PM
Fathead's (http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1064/)

mlh2e
10-19-2005, 01:53 PM
Is there beer on Mt. Washington? I should have included that in my initial post. I plan on getting heavily intoxicated, so late night hot spots are more what I am after I guess.

jakethebake
10-19-2005, 01:54 PM
Y'ins can go to a Steelers game innat.

FouTight
10-19-2005, 01:56 PM
I can't imagine much more boring then Pittsburgh on a Thursday. You got about the only ticket in town with the pens game, and that ain't much of a show right now.

There ain't much to see, but if you are in for a nice dinner, we like the Georgetown Inn on Mt. Washington (ask for a window seat or it's not even worth it.)

What kind of stuff do you typically enjoy doing? There are about 4 or 5 major areas in the city...

Station Sqaure - small mall, lots of resteraunts, boats.
Strip - Few clubs/bars, not nearly as cool as it used to be
Soutside - BARS and lots of 'em
Waterfront - Lots of chain resteraunts and bars, stores, movie theatre

FouTight
10-19-2005, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is there beer on Mt. Washington? I should have included that in my initial post. I plan on getting heavily intoxicated, so late night hot spots are more what I am after I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Southside, if you are over 25, if you aren't, maybe Oakland, large college age crowd. (Pitt, CMU, etc)

mlh2e
10-19-2005, 02:00 PM
I am married with 2 kids and on a debt-reduction budget, so right now I don't enjoy a whole lot. While this is business, and Pittsburgh, and Thursday, it is the closest I am going to come to a vacation for some time. And it's expensed. And I can sleep in on Friday.

So I need to go and cram several months of fun into one night. My boss is going with me, and he is of the same mindset. I am also trying to get a promotion, so taking him to someplace cool would be in my better interest.

FouTight
10-19-2005, 02:03 PM
I prescribe dinner on mount washington and heavy drinking on the southside, they are not far from each other at all).

Soul Daddy
10-19-2005, 02:05 PM
I don't have any recommendations, mainly because I don't recall much of it, but I had a blast the weekend I spent in Pittsburgh.

Indiana
10-19-2005, 02:10 PM
I go to Pitt a lot for business. Its a dead town for sure but there are some great restaurants up on the "hill." Take the Dusquene or Monongahala (spelling??) lifts up the hill and walk in between the two lifts for the best food. There is a frenchie restaurant up there (you will see it) with the best crabcakes known to man. The park down at the point where the three rivers come together is also a nice place to walk. Aside from that, there isn't much else to do.

Indy

jdl22
10-19-2005, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Y'ins can go dahntahn to a Stillers game innat.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Shajen
10-19-2005, 02:50 PM
find Whiplash.

Take pics. Post them here. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

EMcWilliams
10-19-2005, 02:51 PM
I think a lot of ppl might like to see Crosby play as far as a pens game. If it were me...id just get drunk in the closest irish bar to the hotel.

samjjones
10-19-2005, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
find Whiplash.

Take pics. Post them here. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
That was a travesty. "Writing a book", my ass...

mlh2e
10-19-2005, 03:28 PM
How about if I take a picture of every girl I do a double take on, post them, and let Mr. Diesel come let us know which one is her. It'll be like Where's Waldo!

Shajen
10-19-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How about if I take a picture of every girl I do a double take on, post them, and let Mr. Diesel come let us know which one is her. It'll be like Where's Waldo!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is is a worthy cause. You should do it.

jakethebake
10-19-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So Whiplash lives in Pittsburgh? She's a model right? How many modeling agencies can there be in Pittsburgh? Should be easy to find.

Shajen
10-19-2005, 03:34 PM
I vaguely remember Diesel having "Pittsburg" as his location. But I could be wrong. Either way, posting pics of hot chicks while on this trip is the right thing to do.

cocked&locked
10-19-2005, 03:39 PM
I agree with the people that recommend the southside.

Also, you might want to brush up on your speech so the people there will be able to understand you.

how to talk picksburgese on da sahside n'at (http://www.pittsburghese.com/)

mlh2e
10-19-2005, 03:44 PM
To those that have have responded so far with your ideas, will you go back over them and let me know if these venues/areas have hot chicks? This is imperitive if I am to complete my mission successfully.

gusser
10-19-2005, 03:54 PM
I agree with going to either the strip or the southside. There will be women at both but the strip has more clubs if you're into that sort of thing. No one mentioned one key aspect of a night of drinking in the city and that is Pirmanti Brothers. You MUST try a pirmanti's sandwich before you leave, there are multiple locations (oakland, strip, etc.). For those not in the know it is sandwich with some sort of hot meat (the steak is the most popular) topped with cole slaw (good cole slaw, sweet and sour...no mayo), french fries and a slice of tomato. Simply Amazing.

gus