PDA

View Full Version : Pocket 8s vs a LAG

MaxPower
10-19-2005, 11:34 AM
A Lag (40/18/aggressive) limps in UTG+1, A loose passive player (36/4/passive) raises in MP1, the CO calls, and I call on the Button with 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif, BB and UTG+1 call. 5 to the flop for 10.66 sb)

Flop: 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG+1 checks, MP1 bets, CO folds, I raise, BB folds, now UTG+1 3 bets, MP1 folds, and I call.

I think it is very likely that UTG has a flush draw with a high card. It could be something else though.

Turn: 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG+1 bets, I call

River: K /images/graemlins/club.gif

He checks, I bet, he calls.

Thanks.

Joe Tall
10-19-2005, 11:46 AM
I like everything up till the river. I'm still contemplating the value in it...

MaxPower
10-19-2005, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like everything up till the river. I'm still contemplating the value in it...

[/ QUOTE ]

So am I, I was hoping to get a call with an ace high hand, but instead I was called with K /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ some other suit.

Not being results oriented, but I don't think it is a good value bet.

KDawgCometh
10-19-2005, 03:39 PM
I think that bet on the river is very thin. YOu put him on two high cards with one of them being a /images/graemlins/spade.gif, and one of them comes. I guess the real question is, how likely is AJo, QJo, or A /images/graemlins/spade.gif7x gonna call this river to be worth the bet. I honestly don't know. pretty much any other high hand that could be possible that would raise PF just hit their king