PDA

View Full Version : table tennis

daryn
10-19-2005, 08:49 AM
anyone play table tennis in the boston area? know of any clubs? do these exist even? i'm basically looking to join a table tennis club or even racquetball. what's the best way you think

RollaJ
10-19-2005, 09:00 AM
I dunno, but Ill play you next nime I come up there /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Slow Play Ray
10-19-2005, 09:01 AM
my front room's sole purpose is a ping-pong room - come on over. i'm mediocre, but two of my roommates are pretty nasty.

Exitonly
10-19-2005, 09:03 AM
Dunno, but if you're ever in Central Jersey area and have a hankering for ping-pong, i'm you guy. Me and my friends played all summer, ,havn't as much recently for some reason,but i love it.

daryn
10-19-2005, 09:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
my front room's sole purpose is a ping-pong room - come on over. i'm mediocre, but two of my roommates are pretty nasty.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh my... yes. yes.

BoogerFace
10-19-2005, 09:32 AM
craigslist was invented for this sort of thing.

Slow Play Ray
10-19-2005, 09:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh my... yes. yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

is this commentary from the orgasm page??

ceczar
10-19-2005, 09:56 AM
harvard has a table tennis team and had open practices, there were some outstanding players there a couple years ago. i know MIT has a pretty good team. i would recommend looking into TT clubs at the various boston universities, as most of them are probably pretty informal and would let you play with them.

Reqtech
10-19-2005, 11:06 AM
if there's anything like this in the NOVA area, i'd definitely be down with that.

Los Feliz Slim
10-19-2005, 01:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
harvard has a table tennis team and had open practices, there were some outstanding players there a couple years ago. i know MIT has a pretty good team. i would recommend looking into TT clubs at the various boston universities, as most of them are probably pretty informal and would let you play with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

While at a summer program at Andover I played with/learned from a Chinese guy who was on the MIT team. As you might imagine, he was an absolute BEAST.

cdxx
10-19-2005, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if there's anything like this in the NOVA area, i'd definitely be down with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

UMD has a pretty open club. you can find it on google.

Voltron87
10-19-2005, 01:31 PM
if youre going to play racquetball play squash instead

asofel
10-19-2005, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While at a summer program at Andover I played with/learned from a Chinese guy who was on the MIT team. As you might imagine, he was an absolute BEAST.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice...what'd you think of Andover?

asofel
10-19-2005, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

UMD has a pretty open club. you can find it on google.

[/ QUOTE ]

i live in NOVA and would be interested in this. I'm sure we could get some other 2+2ers involved. We should set
something up.

oh yeah, almost forgot: they have a table at Georgetown Billiards on Prospect Street.

daryn
10-19-2005, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if youre going to play racquetball play squash instead

[/ QUOTE ]

why?

squash sucks

SossMan
10-19-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm basically looking to join a table tennis club or even racquetball.

[/ QUOTE ]

am i the only one that found this really funny?

"hey guys, i really want to learn chess. Do you know of any chess clubs? or even a shoots and ladders club...

Reqtech
10-19-2005, 06:25 PM
That's cool, but I'm looking for something more in the herndon/reston/sterling/ashburn area.

Los Feliz Slim
10-19-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what'd you think of Andover?

[/ QUOTE ]

I went there the summer between junior and senior years in high school and had a very good experience. I did a fair amount of growing up that summer. My parents very nearly forced me to go there for all of high school, and I am very glad they did not. Sending me to a boarding school at 15 would've been like giving me an engraved invitation to become a drug addict. I was not a motivated student and would've [censored] my life up, I think.

The school itself is very very high end, obviously. Nice pretty campus and all that.

phixxx
10-19-2005, 07:00 PM
Yes. You're the only one.