PDA

View Full Version : I'm one of those guys...

judgesmails
10-19-2005, 08:18 AM
I am an old, fat, unemployed guy dating a young, fit, hot, professional chick. And I don't know how or why.

Trust me, I am not complaining. But if I was a third-party observer - and saw the two of us walking together - I would think it was older brother/younger sister.

What could be her motivation in this situation? I told her I don't work and that I don't have any money (not really true - the $$ part). Are young women really this desperate and blind? Are the rest of you younger, better-looking guys really that bad of an option?

diebitter
10-19-2005, 08:20 AM
If you're gonna boast, you need to hide it better.

daryn
10-19-2005, 08:21 AM
the truth is women don't really care how you look. they just want to be in love.

truth!!

dcasper70
10-19-2005, 08:22 AM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/dcasper70/needpics.gif

canis582
10-19-2005, 08:37 AM
she must be ugly on the inside. Or maybe...nevermind too dirty.

zephed
10-19-2005, 08:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the truth is women don't really care how you look. they just want to be in love.

truth!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, my gf would probably still like me if I wasn't really really really good looking.

diebitter
10-19-2005, 08:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are probably ugly guys reading this that want to kill you.

10-19-2005, 08:45 AM
I suspect you are not that fat. Not all women want guys that are lean. Maybe you're mature, confident, kind-hearted and have a wicked sense of humor and she doesn't need money because she has a job.

daryn
10-19-2005, 08:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are probably ugly guys reading this that want to kill you.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not being sarcastic, it's true.

KeysrSoze
10-19-2005, 08:47 AM
Have you met her father? I'll give you good odds he's either just like you or the exact opposite.

diebitter
10-19-2005, 08:48 AM
I was just teasing, I know some women can be like that.

Hell, let's go bowling.

jakethebake
10-19-2005, 08:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

truth!!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is 100% truth. Daryn is very wise.

Exitonly
10-19-2005, 08:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Have you met her father? I'll give you good odds he's either just like you or the exact opposite.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying he's either like him, or he's not...

Bold.

daryn
10-19-2005, 08:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

truth!!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is 100% truth. Daryn is very wise.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's just so obvious. look around, all you see is slobs w/ hot chicks. my girlfriend is way better looking than me, relatively.

Exitonly
10-19-2005, 08:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
my girlfriend is way better looking than me, relatively.

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto.

Slow Play Ray
10-19-2005, 08:59 AM
Yeah my buddy I haven't seen in a while just sent me a picture of this smoking hot blonde chick he's supposedly dating. He's a cheap, balding, overweight 29-year old who looks like he's 40.

I refuse to believe/accept this until I see evidence in person.

Vavavoom
10-19-2005, 09:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am an old, fat, unemployed guy dating a young, fit, hot, professional chick. And I don't know how or why.

Trust me, I am not complaining. But if I was a third-party observer - and saw the two of us walking together - I would think it was older brother/younger sister.

What could be her motivation in this situation? I told her I don't work and that I don't have any money (not really true - the $$ part). Are young women really this desperate and blind? Are the rest of you younger, better-looking guys really that bad of an option?

[/ QUOTE ]

Let OOT be the judge of this match-up......

DcifrThs
10-19-2005, 09:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Barron

pokerdirty
10-19-2005, 09:24 AM
she's slummin.

10-19-2005, 09:42 AM
chicks dig a guy with meat on their bones, im tellin you

StevieG
10-19-2005, 10:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

truth!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree and would add they also like to be appreciated. Clearly from the original post you feel lucky to be dating her. She is probably aware of this and likes it.

TheCroShow
10-19-2005, 01:21 PM
after dating scumbags their whole life, once in a while they will settle with a good guy. after she dumps you, she will go back to the scumbags. that's the pattern =P

keke seriously though, gratz man.

kyro
10-19-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shajen
10-19-2005, 01:32 PM
What would be interesting is if someone came on here saying in effect "my girlfriend is a dog-faced fat ass".

Obviously women have lower standards than men.

If they didn't, we'd all be [censored]. Besides, they usually base their feelings on stuff like "love", and "respect" and crap like that.

arod15
10-19-2005, 01:35 PM
I dont believe that for a second...Maybe she thinks you ahve money...Even though you told her you dont.... IF nt your a lucky guy...

10-19-2005, 02:15 PM
I'm better looking than my girlfriend, but I'm exceptionally good looking.

utmt40
10-19-2005, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank god I thought you were going to say guitar guy...

pearljam
10-19-2005, 02:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Aloysius
10-19-2005, 02:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

truth!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is true for younger chicks, where love is looked on as the end-goal.

But for older (>25) I think that women just "want to know that they will be taken care of" is more accurate.

rohjoh
10-19-2005, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

truth!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree and would add they also like to be appreciated. Clearly from the original post you feel lucky to be dating her. She is probably aware of this and likes it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Women (good looking women) do not like to date someone that is better looking than they are. Women like to be the center of attention, and when the attention is on the guy they are with, they do not like it. I luckly do not have this problem, my wife gets 100% of the attention we when walk into a room together.

jakethebake
10-19-2005, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

truth!!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She likes it now, but this is exactly what will kill it eventually. Appreciated is one thing, but if you feel "lucky" like you don't deserve them, it will eventually become clear and she'll feel the same thing.

asofel
10-19-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

truth!!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She likes it now, but this is exactly what will kill it eventually. Appreciated is one thing, but if you feel "lucky" like you deserve them, it will eventually become clear and she'll feel the same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just splitting hairs, I think you mean that you feel lucky as in you don't deserve them....and yes that will not be good....man up, realize what you have to offer, what she has to give, and make sure you're on equal ground.

jakethebake
10-19-2005, 02:54 PM
Another observation. The descriptions of you and her don't necessarily tell me whether you're really lucky to be with her or not. Just because she's fit, good-looking and has a good job doesn't make her attractive to me. A girl could easily have those qualites and be completely meh to me.

swede123
10-19-2005, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Another observation. The descriptions of you and her don't necessarily tell me whether you're really lucky to be with her or not. Just because she's fit, good-looking and has a good job doesn't make her attractive to me. A girl could easily have those qualites and be completely meh to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored].

Blarg
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah my buddy I haven't seen in a while just sent me a picture of this smoking hot blonde chick he's supposedly dating. He's a cheap, balding, overweight 29-year old who looks like he's 40.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've met a bunch of guys who lie about the women they're dating, including showing photos of women they've never even met. That's just the ones who have been caught out by their friends, so I imagine there are a lot more guys like this who just lie a lot about who they're dating and get away with it.

TripleH68
It seems to me women tire easily of a guy that is into his own looks/physique.

It means less time for the guy to be into her looks/body. It also adds pressure of trying to be 'perfect' for him. Ladies? Chime in here please?

jakethebake
10-19-2005, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've met a bunch of guys who lie about the women they're dating, including showing photos of women they've never even met. That's just the ones who have been caught out by their friends, so I imagine there are a lot more guys like this who just lie a lot about who they're dating and get away with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's really weird. Why bother? Why do they feel the need to impress people like that?

Blarg
10-19-2005, 02:58 PM
Everybody wants something at least a little bit better than they feel they deserve.

PocketJokers72
10-19-2005, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What would be interesting is if someone came on here saying in effect "my girlfriend is a dog-faced fat ass".

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't call them girlfriends anymore when they get like that. The correct term is wife.

jakethebake
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

What did that mean? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

cdxx
[ QUOTE ]
the truth is women don't really care how you look. they just want to work as secretaries and eat candy.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP (http://apnews.myway.com//article/20051019/D8DB8RR82.html)

jakethebake
10-19-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Everybody wants something at least a little bit better than they feel they deserve.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. I'm not sure I believe it but maybe.

swede123
10-19-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bleh, I forgot that the word f a g was censored. Just a gut shot reaction to your statement that a good looking, fit woman wasn't attractive. I know what you're saying, but to me those are pretty much the only pre-requisites for immediate (physical) attraction.

Swede

asofel
10-19-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bleh, I forgot that the word f a g was censored. Just a gut shot reaction to your statement that a good looking, fit woman wasn't attractive. I know what you're saying, but to me those are pretty much the only pre-requisites for immediate (physical) attraction.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

but he didn't say immediate physical attraction. he said attraction, and i think its obvious in what he means that...and i would agree with him as i can think of someone right now who probably fits those requisites but i wouldn't touch...

SeaSiren
10-19-2005, 04:41 PM
Ok... I'll chime in. 'Some' women simply aren't superficial and the 'mature' ones, regardless of how attractive they are - want compatibility and fun over eye-candy and $$. Sure, I'll look twice at a tall, dark, handsome hottie, but I'd rather spend my time with a great guy who makes me laugh, appreciates me (and is good in the sack!)

jakethebake
10-19-2005, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok... I'll chime in. 'Some' women simply aren't superficial and the 'mature' ones, regardless of how attractive they are - want compatibility and fun over eye-candy and $$. Sure, I'll look twice at a tall, dark, handsome hottie, but I'd rather spend my time with a great guy who makes me laugh, appreciates me (and is good in the sack!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming you're not another pokerjo, you clearly need to spend more time in 00T. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

SeaSiren
10-19-2005, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming you're not another pokerjo, you clearly need to spend more time in 00T. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm not sure what a 'pokerjo' is exactly... but I'll take that as a compliment! /images/graemlins/smile.gif
I tend to 'lurk' more than contribute I guess.

Blarg
10-19-2005, 05:18 PM
She was one of the accounts guys set up as a gag, pretending to be a woman.

SeaSiren
10-19-2005, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh, thanks for the clarity on a 'pokerjo'... I be a 'real' woman /images/graemlins/blush.gif

mason55
10-19-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank god I thought you were going to say guitar guy...

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad I'm not the only one

dblgutshot
10-19-2005, 08:29 PM
She's probably trying to win a bet.

Brain
10-19-2005, 08:38 PM
Maybe it's the one-of-a-kind haircut.

Peter666
10-20-2005, 12:52 AM
Lord Byron said it 200 years ago, and it was echoed here. The first time a woman falls in love, it is for the man. Everytime after that, she is in love with the feeling called love. Don't trust her /images/graemlins/mad.gif but continue to use her for great sex /images/graemlins/cool.gif

man
10-20-2005, 12:58 AM
die a terrible, horrible, cold, lonely death.

it's cool. I'm smiling. see? /images/graemlins/grin.gif man

ChipWrecked
10-20-2005, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't call them girlfriends anymore when they get like that. The correct term is wife.

[/ QUOTE ]

Surprised nobody quoted this yet.

Not my wife, though. She's a beaut.

(the correct term for me is 'pussy-whipped weenie')

diebitter
10-20-2005, 01:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh, thanks for the clarity on a 'pokerjo'... I be a 'real' woman /images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to post a pic to prove this. It's compulsory. do you think she's gonna buy it, guys?

yellowjack
10-20-2005, 04:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

truth!!

[/ QUOTE ]

If I knew that 2 years ago or had the common sense to come up with this I'd be better off. Preach it!

Vish
10-20-2005, 05:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
(the correct term for me is 'pussy-whipped weenie')

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we've found you a new title. Now we just need to find a willing mod.