PDA

View Full Version : Running bad or playing bad? (long) + 5 hands. Need help.

10-19-2005, 08:10 AM
I need some help from the forum. I've only been playing online for about 4 months. Until then almost all my play had been live, mostly 1/2 and 2/5 NL I won about 80%+ of my sessions and had a great live tournament record. For those of you who play a lot of B&M or home games you know there is a big difference in play between that and online.

I started out online with a healthy bankroll and played 1/2 on bodog to get my feet wet. I ran pretty well and got my bankroll up to around $40k eventually moving up to 2/4 and 5/10. Bodog stops at 5/10 so I figured I'd need to move over to party to continue going up in limits. I had quit party long ago after the normal string of bad beats a lot of people see on that site.

Anyway I start off party at 2/4 learning to use Poker Tracker. I lose a few buyins off suckouts which seems to counter the few big pots I win and end up down 4 buyins there in a week. I find that there are a few fish here and there but it's mostly nits. I Quit party. Anyway I've been in a slump lately and feel like I need to do something to mix up my game, so I drop down in limits and mix up some 6max into my normal full ring play. Playing anything from 50NL to 200NL.

Getting to the point, I deposit $600 on pokerstars to get their $150 bonus and work that off while I try to play out of this slump.

Start off at 200NL.

Hand 1: Full ring.

MP1: $120
mp2: $280
Hero (CO): $160

MP1 limps
MP2 raises to $12
Hero Raise to $36 with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif
MP1 calls
MP2 calls

Flop $130ish
6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif

MP1 checks, MP2 bets $50,

I feel like MP2 has JJ or QQ and is trying to find out if I have AA/KK.

Easy push here?

Rest of these hands are 50NL 6-max (trying to learn 6max)
Hand 2:

Hero SB ($50)
BB ($25)

2 limpers to me in SB with K /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif
I make it 1.75 to go.
BB call
UTG call
UTG+1 Call

Flop Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Checks around
Turn 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
I bet $2.50
BB raises to $5.
2 folds
I call.
River 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet $3. BB pushes.

Large overpet but you've gotta think it's going to be a split pot here right if I call right?

Hand 3: similar to above.

I have 78 in BB. Unraised PF

Flop 5 7 8 r
I lead for 75% pot. Miniraise from LP. I call.
Turn 8 giving me the nuts. I check. He bets 75% pot. I call.
River 5, I bet 75% pot. He makes a large overbet all in.
Must call here with top full house right?

hand 4:

K /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif on the button.

3 folds
I make it $2.50 from button
SB folds
BB calls.

Flop 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
BB checks
I bet half pot.
BB calls.
Turn T /images/graemlins/heart.gif
BB checks, I bet 75% pot, BB minraises, I call.

River A /images/graemlins/heart.gif giving me the nut flush.

BB large overbet all in.
I felt like he was fishing for the flush on the flop. Caught it on the turn and I sucked out on him on the river for a higher flush.
Call or fold?

Hand 5:

CO limps
I raise 5xBB on button with AK.
Blinds fold, CO calls.

Flop 55Kr
CO checks
I bet half pot.
CO calls.
turn 2
CO leads 25% of pot.
I minraise.
he 3 bets, I call.
river A
he bets about half the pot.

His line sure looks like he has a 5, but what hand does he call 5xBB raise PF out of position with?

I think my problem is I have a hard time putting people on hands here because their range is so much wider than full ring, people will call 5xBb raises with anything at this level. Does this sound accurate? If so, how do you adjust your game for it?

Anyway the money doesn't effect my bankroll much but I can't stand losing. Are these just hands I'm destined to lose? Seems ridiculous I lose for this long of a period and there not be something fundamentally wrong with my game, but the hands just seem impossible to get away from.

Should I be folding strong hands on the river to large bets like this?

Results below in white:
<font color="white">Hand 1: I pushed, they both call, MP1 had T9 MP2 had 66
hand2: BB had Q4
hand3: LP had 55
hand4: BB had A6
hand5: CO had T5</font>

Jocke_F
10-19-2005, 08:20 AM
bad beats, not much you could do.