PDA

View Full Version : combinations, what to do??

therockofgibraltar
10-19-2005, 08:05 AM
How can use the "combination" techniques to improve my game? Or can I?

Let's make an example. I raise with JJ, villain reraises. We see the flop HU. It is Q95r. I bet and he raises. So if he is solid player he will make those moves with QQ-AA, maybe the same hand I have JJ, AK and AQ. Maybe some other also but let's think those are the hands.

OK. AA is six combinations, KK(6), QQ(3), JJ(1), AK(16), AQ(12).

So I am lost to 6+6+3+12 combinations and tie 1 and win 16 (of course he as 6 outs to beat my hand).

The combinations are not my favor, so I fold or???

BTW, did I calculate those combinations right /images/graemlins/smile.gif AND should you really use these kind of thinking at the poker table?

Tom1975
10-19-2005, 09:31 AM
There are 9 SB in the pot and it's 1 to call. There are 27 combinations which beat you and 16 you beat. If you really think he would play AK this way, you're getting propper odds to call. From a pratical standpoint though, calling doesn't give you any information, so in this spot I would raise. If he 4-bets, fold, if he calls lead any non Ace turn and go from there.

yellowjack
10-19-2005, 12:24 PM
This needs to go in a limit hold'em forum.

After you get reraised preflop you need to have a gameplan. You can check-call, check-call, check-call to win the maximum from AK/AJ/TT and lose the minimum from all those hands that beat you.

Given that you bet out and got raised, seriously consider folding. The alternative plan is to call the raise since you're getting 12 to 1 (if neither of you are in the blinds) and fold if he bets the turn. If he checks behind on the turn you should check-call the river.