PDA

View Full Version : KJs - common situation

10-19-2005, 08:03 AM
Common situation.
Top pair. Gets raised on a two flush board.
Turn, Hero picks up a flush draw.

I always find myself wanting to bet and not give a free card.

Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (10.40 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.20 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero ?

Edit: So adman's post makes no sense. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

adsman
10-19-2005, 08:05 AM
Well, obviously you bet since you're red ... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I raise preflop and I think the hand plays differently from there.

Koss
10-19-2005, 08:10 AM
I like Bet/Fold. If he has 2 pair or better he's raising you again. Flush draws and kings are usually going to just call. If he has the guts to raise me again without a strong hand, more power too him. Of course if he's shown maniacal tendencies, I'm inclined to call this one down.

imported_The Vibesman
10-19-2005, 08:12 AM
Raise preflop.

Turn's kind of tough. He's either raising the flop for a free card or because he has kings, in which case you're likely to be dominated. You'd have to call a raise now with the flush draw, so I think I like just check/calling the turn, betting the river if he checks.

adsman
10-19-2005, 08:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like Bet/Fold. If he has 2 pair or better he's raising you again. Flush draws and kings are usually going to just call. If he has the guts to raise me again without a strong hand, more power too him. Of course if he's shown maniacal tendencies, I'm inclined to call this one down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you bet/fold a flush draw? It doesn't make any sense. Check/calling here seems a lot better. Against a TAG who was capable of making big laydowns I would checkraise the turn.

sean c
10-19-2005, 08:23 AM
I would bet/call the turn.

Koss
10-19-2005, 08:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you bet/fold a flush draw? It doesn't make any sense. Check/calling here seems a lot better. Against a TAG who was capable of making big laydowns I would checkraise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops, didn't see the flush draw we picked up. In that case bet/call seems obvious. I don't want to give this guy a free card. I think we have the best hand here often enough to make a bet profitable.