PDA

View Full Version : theorical bad 876 oop

euri10
10-19-2005, 07:33 AM
I have some trouble playing bad 87 oop.
A few times recently I lost with those hands.
Tipical situation is a full table.
I open-raise oop with 236 / 246 / 256 (maybe this is the leak), take 2 cards, opponents (not more than 2) take 2 also.
We are 3 in the pot and I make my 876xx so I bet/call/call.
I stay pat, opponents both draw 1, bet/c/c
I stay pat bet again, both call and draw 1
I check and one of them bets, when should I call, when should I fold ?

Should I break the 8 when I make my 87 in the first round ?

On 24 hands with the very same pattern (I know this is not that much) I lost 3 times against a 7, 5 times against 85, 4 times against a 86, and 8 times against a better 87, so my win rate for a 876 oop against 2 players sucks !
Any ideas ?

euri10
10-20-2005, 05:13 AM
mmm 48 views, 0 answers, I try to reformulate my question, sometimes my english sucks a lot ! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

the situation I want to describe is the following. I am the SB or BB with 236/246/256, there are 2 limpers behind me, I raise and they both call OR there is a limper, a raiser, I call and so do the limper.
Everybody draws 2 cards on the first round.
I'm lucky enough to have a 87, so I bet and my 2 opponents call.
I stand pat, they both draw 1.
I bet, they call
I stand pat, they both draw 1.
I check my bad 87, and one of them bets.
In my 24 hands with this exact pattern, I lost 20 times, and cant figure out if it's bad luck, bad play, bad hand selection...
I hope this is more clear now

bugstud
10-20-2005, 05:55 AM
I'm not raising those 2 card draws, and I am rather aggro. I stick to 234 and the ones with a 7 in it.

randomstumbl
10-20-2005, 12:02 PM
I'm not sure you want to raise before the draw with two limpers with those hands.

I think the rest is totally fine and you're just running a bit bad. You only need to win 1/3 of these hands to break even.

timprov
10-20-2005, 01:06 PM
On the last draw, an 876 should win more than half the time against two opponents drawing 1. So a big part of this is running bad.

MarkGritter
10-20-2005, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure you want to raise before the draw with two limpers with those hands.

I think the rest is totally fine and you're just running a bit bad. You only need to win 1/3 of these hands to break even.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think raising in-position would be fine, but not from the blinds.

On the last draw, you are just getting unlucky, you are a favorite to win. You'd be a favorite even with a 9.

I don't think it is worth breaking the 876 on the second draw unless you know you are up against very tight opponents. Maybe I will try working out some math tonight.

If the action had gone bet-raise-call-call(?) then I would be more willing to consider breaking.