PDA

View Full Version : wild at heart

slavic
06-03-2003, 01:14 PM
Last night, I decided that I was the super bluff catcher. I could use my super ESP powers through the telephone lines to find and flush any bluffer in the world. Funny that nearly 80% of the people in my game were obviously faking it. So I busted out in a mere 40 hands. I figured something must be wrong with my super human prowess and thus thought it might be wise to get up calm down a little bit and go do a little exercise.

So I went and grabbed a cup of coffee and got on the cross trainer. I don't know about you but I just love that light airy fealing and the sharp throbing chest pains that wonderfull machine creates. After 30 minutes I was bit hungry, so I fixed a quick snack of little smokeys in BBq sauce with a deep fried twinky as a topper. Refill the coffee and I'm ready to play again.

Ah a nice tight Paradise $1/2 game. What is it with the 1/2 being so tight? I assume it's .5/1 players doing what they found succesfull at the lower limits, but they sure aren't aggresive. Anyway I loosened up a bit on my pre flop raises and was pulling in a lot of good cash. I had recovered my earlier losses, when Mr wildAtHeart(WAH) shows up.

He plays 60% of the time and is cleaning up on the table, meanwhile I can't catch a cold from the deck so here I am biding my time. He quadruples his buy in($20) and then I finally get the following hand.

In the CO I have K /forums/images/icons/club.gif Q /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

table folds to the WAH seated to my right, he limps indicating that yes in fact he did receive 2 cards. I raised hoping to isolate. The Button decides to play both blinds fold WAH calls. 3 way to.

K /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

WAH bets, I raise, button folds, WAH calls

Turn: 5 /forums/images/icons/club.gif

Wah Bets, I raise, WAH calls

River: T /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

Wah checks, I bet, wah folds.

Should I play this different? Also I may be using wild wrong, the player was loose and then aggresive if he caught any of the flop. Most of the players at the table would just role over.

Mangatang
06-03-2003, 02:41 PM
Looks pretty straight forward. I'd play it the same way. If he re-raises at any point, you can go into call-down mode.

About the coffee and little smokeys, I can't say I agree with that call. Hot sausage-type food goes better with cold drinks, say a coke or something. Now the twinky on the other hand, perfect with coffee /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif .