PDA

View Full Version : flopping an ace when defending the blind

newhizzle
10-19-2005, 03:21 AM
Party Poker 10.00/20.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: 3.75 BB.

whats the best line to get the most value for your hand and lose the least when you are behind in spots like this?

assume villain is unknown

Shillx
10-19-2005, 03:25 AM
I tend to play these types of hands slow. He either has a better ace and is crushing you or has something like 77 or QT and is anywhere from a 10:1 to 50:1 dog. Try a Wa/wb line next time and let him bluff at the pot with a 3% chance to win. If you do take this line, it is fair game on the river of course.

Brad

Joe Tall
10-19-2005, 03:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
whats the best line to get the most value for your hand and lose the least when you are behind in spots like this

[/ QUOTE ]

Check call, check call, check call.

10-19-2005, 03:27 AM
i dont play as high as 10/20 but usually i check call all the way down and donk the river against an aggressive opponent

newhizzle
10-19-2005, 03:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I tend to play these types of hands slow. He either has a better ace and is crushing you or has something like 77 or QT and is anywhere from a 10:1 to 50:1 dog. Try a Wa/wb line next time and let him bluff at the pot with a 3% chance to win. If you do take this line, it is fair game on the river of course.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

the only problem i see with this is a lot of opponents tend to check behind on the turn, what do you think about calling the flop and donking the turn?

Entity
10-19-2005, 03:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

the only problem i see with this is a lot of opponents tend to check behind on the turn, what do you think about calling the flop and donking the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

What are they betting the flop with and checking the turn?

newhizzle
10-19-2005, 03:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What are they betting the flop with and checking the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

suppose in this situation vilain has Kxs after i c/c the flop he may be worried about a c/r on turn, this is not the case every time, im just thinking i dont want to give a free card when it is

newhizzle
10-19-2005, 03:54 AM
heres an example of a somewhat different situation where i dont know if my line was correct and villain checked behind on turn i am sb with AJc (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=3709858&amp;page=3&amp;view=colla psed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=1)