PDA

View Full Version : 77 in BB v UTG Raise

TheHammer24
10-19-2005, 01:46 AM
UTG is SL Agressive, about 29/10 over 40 hands

IMO, I should have c/f the river. Agree? What about the rest of the hand?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

River: (7.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG Raises, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

10-19-2005, 01:52 AM
Hi Hammer-

I'm trying to decide whether I like your line on the flop. Raising on the turn = better equity and charges him more? OK, I'm fine with that, but I worry that this makes us pay too much when we might be against a big pocket pair, and commits us to showdown. Meh. Probably a good play.

The river is painful, though. You're already investing one bet there, what, to try and get him to fold out 88-TT? Seems pretty worthless. If you're going to put money in on the river, check/call and let him give you chips with his busted KQs. Or just fold.

Yako
10-19-2005, 02:10 AM
The way I'd play it is I'd raise the flop and bet the turn, ideally folding to any form of aggression. But yeah, when the river comes an ace, I would c/f, because now I don't beat anything other than KQs (and KQo if he raises that), and he has a fairly low chance of having that. Although you might get 99 and TT to fold sometimes.

10-19-2005, 02:24 AM
check fold the river. the only hand hes calling with on the turn is either AK, 2 hearts, or maybe a pair bigger than yours both of which beat you on the river.

Carmine
10-19-2005, 07:30 AM
Flop and turn are fine IMO. I like making my move on the turn also. I think it looks less like a bluff and most 2/4 players are going to call the flop raise anyway (odds or not)so you get to see if turn card is safe before making your move.

The river card sucks here. If villian was betting a higher PP than yours he would have 3-bet turn especially being aggressive. He has AK/Q here I think. C/F is right. There is the oiutside chance he has KQ but I don't know if C/Call is an option. Better than Bet/Fold though.