PDA

View Full Version : 60k in 60 days sorta

freemoney
10-19-2005, 01:42 AM
i dont know how many of you are familiar with this challenge that gonores and schneids from limit holdem undertook, but i thought it was a pretty cool idea so yeah im gonna copy them, well sorta. i gotta do good in school and i have to visit my girlfriend so if i go for a weekend to visit my girlfriend or have a midterm whatever the next day n cant play then those days dont count, so it might be closer to 70 days, days off b/c i dont wanna play or wanna watch football blah blah still count as days, ill update every couple of days, if anyone else wants to take this challenge with me also (making it larger or smaller for themselves) are welcomed.

bawcerelli
10-19-2005, 01:44 AM
I'm in for 9K. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Mr_J
10-19-2005, 02:14 AM
I'll set my poker goal at 40k for the last 2 months of the year.

ace_in_the_hole
10-19-2005, 02:22 AM
So this is basically a now till christmas challenge? I am in for $10,000 or 2000 $55's since I can't control the amount won, i need to have a sure fire way of completing the goal in one regard.

BDarch
10-19-2005, 02:33 AM
I'm in for 2k 33's

ilikeaces
10-19-2005, 03:00 AM
Im in for 2k 109s

mmbt0ne
10-19-2005, 03:02 AM
Everyone who's in for a number of sngs, or who is extending the days playable in the challenge because of days they might not want to play is super lame and doesnt understand the point of the challenge in the first place.

If you're going to do THE challenge, then do THE challenge.

/images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The Yugoslavian
10-19-2005, 03:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone who's in for a number of sngs, or who is extending the days playable in the challenge because of days they might not want to play is super lame and doesnt understand the point of the challenge in the first place.

If you're going to do THE challenge, then do THE challenge.

/images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

*nod*

Yugoslav

Exitonly
10-19-2005, 03:30 AM
what's the challenege exactly?

mmbt0ne
10-19-2005, 03:46 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
what's the challenege exactly?

[/ QUOTE ]

THE challenge is to win $60,000 in 60 calendar days.

You can check out the archived posts from schneids and gonores at www.geormiet.com (http://www.geormiet.com)

Bigwig
10-19-2005, 03:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i dont know how many of you are familiar with this challenge that gonores and schneids from limit holdem undertook, but i thought it was a pretty cool idea so yeah im gonna copy them, well sorta. i gotta do good in school and i have to visit my girlfriend so if i go for a weekend to visit my girlfriend or have a midterm whatever the next day n cant play then those days dont count, so it might be closer to 70 days, days off b/c i dont wanna play or wanna watch football blah blah still count as days, ill update every couple of days, if anyone else wants to take this challenge with me also (making it larger or smaller for themselves) are welcomed.

[/ QUOTE ]
I challenge you to kiss my a** 60 times in 60 days.

freemoney
10-19-2005, 07:22 AM
i have priorities, poker isnt at the top of the list.

SippinSoma
10-19-2005, 09:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i have priorities, poker isnt at the top of the list.

[/ QUOTE ]

And that's where the challenge lies.

pooh74
10-19-2005, 11:29 AM
Irieguy, is this how you spell it? R I D I C U L O U S?

Mr_J
10-19-2005, 11:39 AM
But it's doable. I would like another 60k. Hell I'd like another 30k. This is probally the most sensible thing I've done since I dropped out of high school /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

pooh74
10-19-2005, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But it's doable. I would like another 60k. Hell I'd like another 30k. This is probally the most sensible thing I've done since I dropped out of high school /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, its not the idea of a challenge that I think is silly...but the idea of putting a dollar figure on it. I just think it is so fundamentally absurd. So what if you finish in 1st in every one you play for x games (lazy) and hit 60k or whatever in 2 weeks? Are you done? What if youre down 1k in 59 days? Does that mean you have to play the STEP highers to recoup?

X number of SNgs makes more sense for a "challenge"..."I am going to play x SNGs in 60 days and I am going to do my best to maximize profits" I mean, arent we always trying to make the most money possible?

didnt mean to be a dick...just don't understand sometimes.

MegaBet
10-19-2005, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I challenge you to kiss my a** 60 times in 60 days.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, my thoughts exactly. Absurd challenge. Does anyone expect freemoney to come back here in 2 months and say "well I tried my best but I could only manage $4K" ??

lacky
10-19-2005, 01:16 PM
it's a copy of a famous thread by shneids who spent his summer vacation from collage playing 10/20 6 max limit with the 60k in 60 days goal. Funny thing is, if they read the thread, shnieds decided the whole idea sucked and has been against the whole chalange/goal idea since. I think it cost him more than he made (less than 60k) from burnout.

But, have fun with it if you want guys.

Steve

psyduck
10-19-2005, 01:32 PM
um, so are you consistently making $1000 a day? Because if not, I'm not sure how you're going to manage $60,000 in 2 months.

I mean, you could do it theoretically if you did 100 50+5s with a 15% ROI EVERY DAY, and have ~25% rakeback, but you'd drop dead by the end of week 1 man.

Irieguy
10-19-2005, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Irieguy, is this how you spell it? R I D I C U L O U S?

[/ QUOTE ]

What? You mean setting up a "challenge" where the goal is something completely out of your control?

Or qualifying the "challenge" by saying that you aren't really going to do it in 60 days, but rather just whenever you feel like playing?

I also want to make a lot of money by playing poker whenever I feel like it. I just wouldn't call that a challenge and make a post about it.

This place is getting weird. But I'm just a hater.

Irieguy

freemoney
10-19-2005, 02:22 PM
to say the goal is completely out of my control is such an incorrect comment, but that should be obvious for you. play and pay have an amazingly high correlation. i clearly stated the days that do not count to make the challenge doable for me hopefully, otherwise i will assuredly burn out so this makes it possible for me. 60k in ~70 days should still be a pretty ambitious challenge. as always thanks for the comments though, irie.

pooh74
10-19-2005, 02:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
to say the goal is completely out of my control is such an incorrect comment, but that should be obvious for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

??? Do you completely misunderstand why it is absurd or are you just being difficult? I hope its the latter.

Here's my hypothetical challenge:

I just got a new job where my employer decides what he wants to pay me each day on a whim. Some days he'll pay me 1k, other days $30, and even other days maybe he'll ask me to pay him money because he feels I did lousy job (he's the boss). I have no idea before work what I will make for that day. All I can do is show up and hope he pays me.

My Goal: To make 60K in 2 months.

sigh

freemoney
10-19-2005, 02:36 PM
lol wow, yes its exactly like that, hopefully my boss is generous then.

10-19-2005, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, its not the idea of a challenge that I think is silly...but the idea of putting a dollar figure on it. I just think it is so fundamentally absurd. So what if you finish in 1st in every one you play for x games (lazy) and hit 60k or whatever in 2 weeks? Are you done? What if youre down 1k in 59 days? Does that mean you have to play the STEP highers to recoup?

X number of SNgs makes more sense for a "challenge"..."I am going to play x SNGs in 60 days and I am going to do my best to maximize profits" I mean, arent we always trying to make the most money possible?

didnt mean to be a dick...just don't understand sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

This puts a nice happy spin on it. Plus, they should be playing enough to make variance reasonably low.

10-19-2005, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
um, so are you consistently making $1000 a day? Because if not, I'm not sure how you're going to manage $60,000 in 2 months.

I mean, you could do it theoretically if you did 100 50+5s with a 15% ROI over the long run, and have ~25% rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

10-19-2005, 02:54 PM
I'm up for $12,000 in 60 days. When do we start and are we going to start a new thread?

MegaBet
10-19-2005, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm up for $12,000 in 60 days. When do we start and are we going to start a new thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

At what level? Do you think making 5 times what you have just made is as absurd as the rest of us?

10-19-2005, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
to say the goal is completely out of my control is such an incorrect comment, but that should be obvious for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

??? Do you completely misunderstand why it is absurd or are you just being difficult? I hope its the latter.

I just got a new job where my employer decides what he wants to pay me each day on a whim. Some days he'll pay me 1k, other days $30, and even other days maybe he'll ask me to pay him money because he feels I did lousy job (he's the boss). I have no idea before work what I will make for that day. All I can do is show up and hope he pays me.

sigh

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a boss exactly like that, but he also told me that the more hours I make, and the more effort I put into it, the more he will pay me on average!

My boss also said that if you play SNG's for 60 days seriously, you have played many thousands, so your ROI would be pretty close to your 'actual' ROI. So the money you make isn't that random at all!

Yes my boss is so clever... /images/graemlins/heart.gif
(did I just screw up the metaphor /images/graemlins/shocked.gif ?)

10-19-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At what level? Do you think making 5 times what you have just made is as absurd as the rest of us?

[/ QUOTE ]

You may want to think about that reply.

MegaBet
10-19-2005, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohhhh do elaborate! As much as I love mysteries, I have to know what the hell you are talking about here.

pooh74
10-19-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sigh

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a boss exactly like that, but he also told me that the more hours I make, and the more effort I put into it, the more he will pay me on average!

My boss also said that if you play SNG's for 60 days seriously, you have played many thousands, so your ROI would be pretty close to your 'actual' ROI. So the money you make isn't that random at all!

Yes my boss is so clever... /images/graemlins/heart.gif
(did I just screw up the metaphor /images/graemlins/shocked.gif ?)

[/ QUOTE ]

So if you told him you need to make 60k in 60 days, what would his response be?

Ok, Ill abandon the stupid metaphor.

The only thing a money challenge insinuates to me is that either:

1. You don't normally play optimally and now you are deciding to do so.

or

2. You have decided to play MORE than usual over this period which really is not that interesting and should be framed in terms of quantity played...because thats really what we are talking about here.

10-19-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohhhh do elaborate! As much as I love mysteries, I have to know what the hell you are talking about here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, correct me if I'm wrong here (i'm tired /images/graemlins/tongue.gif), but:

He says he wants to join the challenge and make $12,000 in 60 days and would like to know when the thing starts.

Then you say it would be absurd to try to make 5 times as much as he just did.

Something went wrong there.

freemoney
10-19-2005, 03:28 PM
irie said its out of my control, so now everyone on the forum will make awful attempts to repeat his comments in long drawn out awful analogies that make equally little sense.

MegaBet
10-19-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, correct me if I'm wrong here (i'm tired /images/graemlins/tongue.gif), but:

He says he wants to join the challenge and make $12,000 in 60 days and would like to know when the thing starts.

Then you say it would be absurd to try to make 5 times as much as he just did.

Something went wrong there.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, gotcha. I read this - "I'm up for $12,000 in 60 days" as the past tense, thinking he was up 12k in the last 60 days.

Thanks for the correction.

freemoney
10-19-2005, 03:32 PM
i want to make 60k in 60 "playing" days, i have clearly defined what a playing day is, i dont want to play 329492349 SnGs. i want to make $60,000.00, thats why it is the challenge and not a quantity of SnGs, if you dont think its a "challenge" or a good one at that thats fine, but this is what it is, take it or leave it.

psyduck
10-19-2005, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You may be a jackass.

MegaBet
10-19-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i want to make 60k in 60 "playing" days, i have clearly defined what a playing day is, i dont want to play 329492349 SnGs. i want to make $60,000.00, thats why it is the challenge and not a quantity of SnGs, if you dont think its a "challenge" or a good one at that thats fine, but this is what it is, take it or leave it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you must post this kind of challenge, at least try to be honest with posting results.

10-19-2005, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You may be a jackass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aah.. I come in peace! lol I didn't mean to be such a jackass. Please forgive me. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

freemoney
lol, i will send you my poker tracker database at the end, is that good?

Bigwig
Maybe freemoney is a great player. I've no idea. I do know that 60K in 60 days is pretty damn hard to do. There are probably only a handful of players in this forum capable of this. Curtains, raptor, fiery justice, couple others I'm forgetting. And of those three, fiery appears to be the only one who would play enough.

In summation, whatever.

axeshigh
10-19-2005, 03:42 PM
I am torn between trying to do a break even for 60 days challenge or a flip 60 coins heads in a row challenge.

mmbt0ne
10-19-2005, 03:44 PM
This may be the least fun forum to post a challenge in ever.

Congratulations statistics majors.

psyduck
10-19-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe freemoney is a great player. I've no idea. I do know that 60K in 60 days is pretty damn hard to do. There are probably only a handful of players in this forum capable of this. Curtains, raptor, fiery justice, couple others I'm forgetting. And of those three, fiery appears to be the only one who would play enough.

In summation, whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

And don't forget that raptor has already tried a challenge like this and failed - his 'buy a new car' in 20 days challenge.

psyduck
10-19-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You may be a jackass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aah.. I come in peace! lol I didn't mean to be such a jackass. Please forgive me. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/smirk.gif may have been a little harsh there but those types of replies are a little annoying

MegaBet
10-19-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe because we don't care?

mmbt0ne
10-19-2005, 04:38 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your 6 posts in this thread would seem to suggest otherwise.

pooh74
10-19-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
irie said its out of my control, so now everyone on the forum will make awful attempts to repeat his comments in long drawn out awful analogies that make equally little sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

But I am not really saying it is COMPLETELY 100% out of your control...I am merely saying that it is absurd to frame it as a challenge as though it were 100% within your control. There's a difference.

Hey, I don't claim to know it all...but a money challenge is just so obviously logically flawed at its core that the lack of agreement about it here makes me think that I am missing something...so please explain to me why I am wrong.

mmbt0ne
10-19-2005, 04:44 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

But I am not really saying it is COMPLETELY 100% out of your control...I am merely saying that it is absurd to frame it as a challenge as though it were 100% within your control. There's a difference.

Hey, I don't claim to know it all...but a money challenge is just so obviously logically flawed at its core that the lack of agreement about it here makes me think that I am missing something...so please explain to me why I am wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because if he's running bad he can play more?

pooh74
10-19-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because if he's running bad he can play more?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep...That's the missing link...I was wrong all along.

freemoney
10-19-2005, 05:00 PM
bc i think i have an idea of what my roi should be so maybe i could say if i play x # of sngs through the course of 60 days and if i run bad it is out of my control, but thats not what i wanna do i dont wanna play x # of sngs i wanna make 60k in 60 days, to try and accomplish something i dont wanna accomplish is silly.

pooh74
10-19-2005, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
bc i think i have an idea of what my roi should be so maybe i could say if i play x # of sngs through the course of 60 days and if i run bad it is out of my control, but thats not what i wanna do i dont wanna play x # of sngs i wanna make 60k in 60 days, to try and accomplish something i dont wanna accomplish is silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, to accomplish what YOU wanna do, you have to make 60k...and how do you do that? You said yourself that by playing x number of SNGs, factoring in your "ROI", you could approximate what it would take...but what if you run bad? Ok, so x number of SNGs is out...therefore, I guess, you just play until you hit 60k within 60 days time...so what do you plan on doing differently than normal to do this? IOW, if this is a "challenge", what makes it different than any other 2 month period of playing SNGs? I assume you've been playing for more than 2 months so you should think about what in fact makes this a challenge.

Sorry to keep on raining on your parade...don't confuse my antagonism for doubt of your ability to accomplish what you set out to do...I am just floored by the whole concept.

MegaBet
10-19-2005, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

7th post, and yes I still don't care.

zipppy
10-19-2005, 05:16 PM
How about a challenge where this entire forum spends 60 days being less critical of each other, and more critical of (well formatted) hands from SNGs?

/images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif

MegaBet
10-19-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How about a challenge where this entire forum spends 60 days being less critical of each other, and more critical of (well formatted) hands from SNGs?

/images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What a unique idea! I like it!

pooh74
10-19-2005, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

booo...

mmbt0ne
10-19-2005, 05:58 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

7th post, and yes I still don't care.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif