PDA

View Full Version : When to start new PT database?

DDBeast
10-19-2005, 01:30 AM
My ptrack file is about a gig, do I need a new database?

10-19-2005, 03:08 AM
I haven't used it yet, but there's a feature in the new versions of PT to cull out old entries, based on how long since you played a hand against them, how many hands they played, etc. Maybe that will work better for you than starting over from scratch?

Unabridged
10-20-2005, 06:00 AM
when PT starts slowing down i'd make a new one. its not like you are losing data, since PAHUD will read from as many databases as you want.

10-20-2005, 12:42 PM
When The HUD software is slow to refresh (btw I use playerview) is that because the database is large or because there are several tables open? Which is the biggest contributer?
-Shaggy

10-21-2005, 06:30 AM
Just convert from Access to the Postgres SQL version in PT. Also to the cleanup every so often. You should not have any problems then.

Brice
10-21-2005, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just convert from Access to the Postgres SQL version in PT. Also to the cleanup every so often. You should not have any problems then.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you do this exactly? I know that SQL is much faster than Access so I would be interested in going ahead and doing that even though my DB is still small at this point.

I am hitting convert and it asking me for my username and password even though I am on localhost.

Edit: I read the documentation and got it working.