PDA

View Full Version : Some things I just can't bring myself to care abou

03-02-2002, 03:52 AM
1. The San Francisco dog mauling case. I could care less how this turns out. I find everything about it to be the opposite of compelling. There should be a word for something that creates a maddening desire in you to hear no more about it because anything else you could possibly do with your time is better. That's what I think about this case.

2. The Richard Nixon/Billy Graham recordings of anti-semitic comments. It was 30 years ago people. Between them, 3 of their four feet are in the grave. Everyone knows Nixon was an anti-semite, and how big of a shocker can it be that so is a bible-thumping television evangelist from the freaking 50s!!! Anyone who thinks this is news is a complete idiot.

3. My standard deviation. Whatever, man, just deal me some cards.

natedogg

03-02-2002, 04:56 AM
1) especially when the defense attorney is crawling on hands and knees during the opening. I'd rather watch COPS.

2) again, agreed. same thing with ford, carter, reagan and clinton. I sympathize with bush, though, because he has to put up with the antics of his offspring and thier offspring

3) I don't care about your SD either.

Hey guys, lighten up. Spring training is in full swing and the trout opener is just around the corner.

03-02-2002, 09:28 PM
well, it is true that in the interim, prayer is not allowed in public schools, and no mention at all (eg, 10 commandments) are allowed anywhere on state property.

so its not like they were discussing phantoms.

brad

03-02-2002, 09:33 PM
its like saying that since catholic priests molest kids (this is a true fact), that catholics in general are despicable child molesters (which is obviously not true).

if you know what i mean.

brad

03-03-2002, 06:00 AM
What? Catholic priests molest kids. This is a fact? So you're saying that 100 percent of Catholic priests molest kids? Maybe you should learn the definition of the word "fact".

03-03-2002, 06:07 AM
its a fact that a small percentage of catholic priests have done this.

im saying its wrong to extend this to the whole group (of priests or catholics in general).

on the other hand, theres a definite trend or something for a some mentally unstable people to seek out and become catholic priests. i mean, its been in the newspapers. also as a group, the church tends to cover this up rather than, you know, clean their own house.

my point is that just because you are outraged by this you shouldnt take it out on all catholics.

by the way this is an analogy, you know.

brad

03-03-2002, 06:37 AM
I know what point you were trying to make. But you should be careful how you word certain things. I'm not Catholic and nothing really offends me. But I know how other people look at things, and I can see some people taking quite offense to how you said your post. I will say that I totally agree with you on your point.

03-03-2002, 06:47 AM
'I will say that I totally agree with you on your point.'

i love you, man.

brad

03-03-2002, 07:33 AM
also, the way this country is going, pretty soon it will be a hate crime (technically it may already be an unenforced hate crime) and ill be thrown in jail.

im being absolutely serious.

brad

03-03-2002, 09:54 AM
It breaks my heart to read/watch about the dog mauling case, but it underscores the lack of humane behavior people have towards animals. There are whole businesses whose income is derived from training animals to become deadly attack weapons. How about hitting these bastards where they'll bleed?

And how about the science teacher this week that was so heartless that he brought in a litter of puppies to feed the class snake in front of the children? His principal practically defended him by saying, "I am sure when he takes the time to consider it, he'll arrive at the conclusion that it was a bit insensitive." Insensitive my ass. Prosecute that moron for intentional infliction of pain and distress. One puppy was in the snake's tank already and had to rescued.

It's very difficult for people that know how precious animals are and the joy that they bring to our lives to watch story after story of inhumane, atrocious and criminal behavior towards other beings that have the misfortune to cross the paths of people that are just plain ignorant.

03-03-2002, 11:04 AM
the reason its wrong to do horrible things like torture dogs and cats isnt really because its insensitive to the animals (object oriented (couldnt help it you computer geeks) ),

but rather because its wrong to torture (action oriented), and very easy to learn a skill (torture), and then transfer it over to a different 'nonhuman' object. (these people are the enemy, they are no longer human. -- by the way heard on this very forum about the afghanis, al queda, whatever).

brad

03-04-2002, 10:11 AM

03-04-2002, 03:58 PM
1) I know nothing about this case. Did a dog maul a person or did a person maul a dog or did two cats and a bird maul a dog? Whatever, I think I agree with you.

2) Most people think Nixon was a foreign policy genius and strategic thinker par excellence. In the interest of historical accuracy, it's important that people know what an ignorant, murdering, lying, anti-semitic, un-American bastard he was. I was at a ballgame the night he died and they asked for people to rise in a moment of silent remembrance and tribute. Everyone rose to their feet except me. It was disgusting.

3) I'm a standard deviant myself.

03-05-2002, 08:55 AM
you are outraged that someone would feed their pet? flesh from another animal nonetheless? give me a break. why should the snake suffer because puppies are cute? if we are going to live under the assumptions of the theory of evolution (not saying we shouldn't) then we need to live under the moral implications as well...

03-05-2002, 09:17 AM