PDA

View Full Version : springtime and animals

Ray Zee
06-03-2003, 10:27 AM
with spring here i had a black bear by the garden looking to eat the tulips. he paid little concern to me as he was about ten feet away. also a robin is in front of my window nesting. then a yellow bellied marmot decided to spend a day or two, right on my front step. ate some flowers but thought it might be a good place to live. until he started eating into the siding of the house. then a shot with the broom sent him running off into the field. my turtles are out laying eggs, and a hen pheasant is hiding in a patch of weeds sitting on her eggs. asparagus are coming out from an old patch someone planted years ago. boy they are tasty. the bald eagles are nesting up in a big dead tree. seems summer is here.

Clarkmeister
06-03-2003, 10:43 AM
Z,

Looks like you have a whole slew of choices for dinner.

/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Ed I
06-03-2003, 10:55 AM
Its been a nice spring, I love to hear the birds sing while I look for risers.

Ray Zee
06-03-2003, 02:27 PM
yea, and i have been finding a few giant turkey eggs around. but mostly after the racoon or something has found them first. i cant wait to see the little turkeys running around. right now in one of the spring ponds i have baby wood ducks and baby hooded mergansers. so cute.

HDPM
06-03-2003, 03:28 PM
You are a very nice person to treat rockchucks like you do. Most would shoot them after the first flower snack let alone eating the house. And that's here within the city limits. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif All you do is shoo them away w/ a broom. Very understanding of you. There were a few eating grass on the 13th hole on sunday. They don't seem too interested in golf balls. We let them go on eating though.

Ed I
06-03-2003, 10:57 PM
I agree, Ray must be a nice person. Many in Montana think its great sport to shot marmots and prarie dogs.

Timer
06-04-2003, 04:34 PM
If I had Ray Zee's money, I'd be out lookin for squirrels too.

Jimbo
06-04-2003, 04:52 PM
If I had Ray Zees' Balabushka I'd be out looking for pool players again! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Gitz
06-04-2003, 05:00 PM
Z,

I want U to play the song "In A NY Minute" while FC wipes out the field. Horses are the most beautiful animals on land to me supporting all that weight on toothpicks. I always go to the paddock to watch them strut around the circle. The top of the stretch at Saratoga no words can describe 8 horses charging down the stretch!!!

rcp

Ray Zee
06-05-2003, 01:34 AM
why would someone want to kill anything that isnt harming them. and do not want it for food or believe its sport to hunt it. animals are so neat and act like little children. they just are trying to survive like us.

Ray Zee
06-05-2003, 01:38 AM
what am i going to do with it. i have had it for 35 years since i had him make it. it just sits in the closet and will end up in the auction when i am gone. maybe ebay sooner.

Ray Zee
06-05-2003, 01:44 AM
paul, i will be rooting for funny cide.

John Ho
06-05-2003, 02:22 AM
Wow! you have a Balabushka? Does it really play better than your typical high end stick?

HDPM
06-05-2003, 12:25 PM
You'll regret it if you sell on ebay. After you die you won't care. Although a one owner Balabushka could fetch a pretty good price on ebay. Saw one there for 10K that didn't look exceptional. Can't really be worth that, but if someone pays, then it's worth it. But what do you need 10K for? Keep your cue.

Jimbo
06-05-2003, 12:28 PM
HDPM said " Keep your cue." Ray this is terrible advice! I believe you should donate it to your favorite Poohbah former pool Pro poster for many years of good Karma! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

HDPM
06-05-2003, 12:44 PM
So how many Josswests have gone through your hands you'd like back? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Jimbo
06-05-2003, 12:52 PM
Two and I want them both back! LOL, Good point HDPM........

MMMMMM
06-05-2003, 10:00 PM
You are a lucky man Ray. If I ever make enough money I want a place like that. Lots of land and far enough out for some peace and quiet and animals and to really see the stars at night. Near a lake and in the woods and I don't care if the place is just an oversized rude cabin. It's fun chopping wood anyway.

Ray Zee
06-06-2003, 12:41 AM
thanks m, there are lots of really affordable though not in my area , places that could fit the bill. good luck it will come to you.

Ray Zee
06-06-2003, 12:45 AM
no john, but a good cue is all what you like. my balabuska plays really good but also so doesn lots of other cues. i still like my billy stroud joss west he made that is a replica of an old rambo cue.

Gitz
06-08-2003, 08:40 PM

BruceZ
06-08-2003, 09:42 PM
then a yellow bellied marmot decided to spend a day or two, right on my front step. ate some flowers but thought it might be a good place to live. until he started eating into the siding of the house. then a shot with the broom sent him running off into the field.

Now is that any way to treat Mason when he comes to visit? Oh wait, marmot...nevermind.