raiser is UTG+3 folded to me i call
flop: A Q 7
i check he bets i raise he 3-bets i call
turn: 4
i check he bets i call
river: 2
i check he bets i call
thoughts?
i think my line's terrible but can i really fold after he 3-bets on the flop its only one small bet to continue and try to spike a K or Q on the turn. if i just called there and didnt hit on the turn should i have folded then. please give me a better line
-Mario

cold_cash
10-19-2005, 12:03 AM
I'm assuming your opponent is typical and not off his rocker.

I'm not crazy about the flop check-raise since you're going to be 3-bet a lot when you're beaten and he's going to fold a lot if you're not.

The way this went down I think you should call the flop and then fold the turn. (Next time you post a hand put the size of the pot on each street in there somewhere.)

The big streets can be played a few different ways, (depending on your opponent and how he is likely to play certain hands, how badly you want to showdown, etc.), but I think check/call is the way to go on the flop.

bozlax
10-19-2005, 12:07 AM
Call the flop 3-bet, fold the turn. You raised, and told him you didn't care about the ace. He re-raised, and told you you could stick it in your pooper. At that point you're dead, none of your outs are good, since AA/KK/QQ/AK/AQ are all viable hands for villan to be holding, and you lose to that range no matter what falls.

gopnik
10-19-2005, 12:15 AM
what is the point of c/raising the flop? He won't fold a good ace. He'll only fold hands that you dominate (like JJ or TT)

10-19-2005, 12:17 AM
I don't like betting out here OOP, as you'll lose the most when you're beaten (which is pretty likely given a standard range of raising hands), and you'll win the least when you're ahead.

This leaves, check-raising the flop, check-calling, and check-folding. The CR line assumes you're ahead, but I think it's spew more often than not as you'll be taking the hand to showdown, and you lose more bets on the flop than necessary. If you check-call, you'll be check-folding the turn UI; WA/WB doesn't apply unless you put the villain exactly on a range of something like QJ/JJ/TT/99/88, which is more than likely to be significantly less than the 50/50 needed for the line. I don't mind check-folding the flop, as there's also the possibility you're drawing dead/reverse dominated by a large number of hands raised PF by a typical player(AA/KK/QQ/AK/AQ).

2+2 wannabe
10-19-2005, 04:53 AM
c/r'ing the flop is bad - as someone mentioned you lose the most when you're behind and win the least when you're ahead

c/c, c/c, bet is the best line if you want to get to showdown, but this pot is small and you're well behind UTG+3's raising range

I just fold this small pot on the flop

the way you played it you definitely have to fold the turn

Weatherhead03
10-19-2005, 04:58 AM
Dont check raise the flop. You are behind many more raising hands than you are ahead of. In this hand I would fold the turn UI.

Yerma
10-19-2005, 05:26 AM
Why not fold the turn?