PDA

View Full Version : Can I fold this TPTK hand?

Walker
10-18-2005, 11:40 PM
weak tight crypto game. I've only played two orbits but I think SB (creative chick screenname) is tight pf, and doesn't get out of line post flop.

UTG limps, CO posts, MP donk calls, I raise AK on the button. SB calls, BB folds and everybody else calls.

(10SB)Flop: A97rainbow

SB bets, some donks call, I raise, SB 3bets, donks fold. hero calls.

(9BB)Turn is a brick. SB bets. Hero?

I usually call down here hoping she has AK, or her loser boyfriend is playing for her while she uses the bathroom or something. 6.5-1 on a calldown. What do you guys think?

bakku
10-18-2005, 11:44 PM
until i get some super passive read on the SB i'm calling down. you're also getting 5.5:1 on a calldown, not 6.5:1

goofball
10-19-2005, 12:17 AM
I don't think you can fold in that spot. If you capped and then she checkraised you on the turn, or even bet in to you or something, then maybe you can consider a fold. But as such you've somewaht underrepresented your hand and she could be value betting a worse hand the whole way.

Harv72b
10-19-2005, 12:19 AM
I'm calling down. She's got AK/AQ fairly often, and two pair (giving you additional outs) quite a bit of the rest of the time.

It takes a much scarier board than that/a much better read on my opponent before I'm folding TPTK.