PDA

View Full Version : How to take a break from SNGs? (Low 1-table content)

Skipbidder
10-18-2005, 11:23 PM
I'm soliciting advice from folks about how they take breaks from SNGs.

In the past, I've tried low level limit ring games (clearing bonuses), but this feels like work to me.

How many people just decide to stop playing for a short period of time to refresh themselves?

My current plan the last few days (where I've played very few SNGs) is to play a lot of MTTs or play in games that I don't normally play (Omaha 8, mostly). I'm playing some games that are much lower than I normally play as well.

Do folks find that this sort of thing normally works for them (as far as a "vacation" goes), or do you find that you need to take a break entirely?

Thanks

SlackerMcFly
10-19-2005, 12:06 AM
I took a forced 1 week hiatus by pulling my BR to pay bills and so forth. Didn't realize that I yanked all of it, then used Neteller to re-load some back.

Well, that took 4-5 business days. Since it was too late on a Friday, that day didn't count. Monday was a "Holiday" apparently, so it was a full 10 days before I could load up and play again. I'm a dork. Actually a good break for me.

When I don't have time to devote to a SNG, you'll find me donking it up playing ring Omaha H/L, Stud or HE. Sometimes all at the same time for giggles.

Us "recreational" players don't need a vacation. Just playing when we get the chance is good enough (and always profitable).... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

SlackerMcDork

citanul
10-19-2005, 12:20 AM
i've done just about all the types of breaks, from no poker to just studying sngs, to studying only pure theory to only playing mtts to only playing pineapple, to only playing 6max limit, to plo hu sngs, etc. you get the point.

the bottom line is it's what works for you and what hte goal of the break is. if hte goal is to be refreshed/re-energized and unbored with sngs, play something completely different. try 6 max, try plo8, or go to tahiti and try tequila shots.

it's very personality dependent.

cit

niquewon
10-19-2005, 12:30 AM
I like to play pot limit omaha to take a break from SNGs. It's kind of fun to have to actually play postflop.

bearly
10-19-2005, 12:34 AM
wow, another real howler--do you see why? (imagine echo effect). also, "we recreational players" might play better in your english classes..............b

SlackerMcFly
10-19-2005, 01:09 AM
Glad you enjoyed the show. I'm here all week, be kind to your waitress. G'night!