PDA

View Full Version : Public apology

wdeadwyler
10-18-2005, 11:21 PM
Just read the rules, and also my previous post which got me [censored]. It sucks, what was I thinking? Sorry for being a moron. That is all.

Stuey
10-19-2005, 01:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just read the rules, and also my previous post which got me [censored]. It sucks, what was I thinking? Sorry for being a moron. That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

The man was drunk he has admitted he was wrong and he has said sorry. He has not even asked for the punishment to be removed.

We need to make an exception to the rules here. Let him back in but let us dish out a proper more fitting punishment. I don't know what exactly. Maybe an avatar we pick for him that he must use for a month. Or he is not allowed to start a new thread in oot for 6 months. Think of something but can't we cut a drunk guy trying to be funny and screwing it up some slack it is going to happen to almost all of us at some point in the future.

Punish him good not ban just my opinion in this case. Make this one a pinata instead of flat out killing him I say it could be more fun.

NLSoldier
10-19-2005, 01:07 AM
how was he able to make this post if he is banned?

Stuey
10-19-2005, 01:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
how was he able to make this post if he is banned?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he was only banned from posting in oot. So I guess this post might be even dumber than the first. I might be a bad judge of character. But he said he was drunk so he is not thinking straight atm. I feel for him I been there. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Exitonly
10-19-2005, 01:10 AM
the first ban, is just a PM saying not to post here, right?

NLSoldier
10-19-2005, 01:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the first ban, is just a PM saying not to post here, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

oh ya, good call.

imported_anacardo
10-19-2005, 01:59 AM
Check out the "Turning Point in Human History" for a lesson on the wages of weakness. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Stuey
10-19-2005, 02:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Check out the "Turning Point in Human History" for a lesson on the wages of weakness. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been told before I am too forgiving and people do take advantage of me often. I know this but I consider the alternative even less attractive. As once I lose what I consider my most admirable quality do I not become that which I detest the most?

I am starting to see why we need [censored] as clearly I would let people run wild as I don't have the stomach for what most here feel must be done.

Or maybe I just enjoy the idea of humiliating him more than banning. Either way I will let the powers that be decide his fate. I was just impressed he did not ask for a reversal but still offered his regrets it is a rare gesture imo.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

imported_anacardo
10-19-2005, 02:23 AM
Wow. This... is a little deeper than I'd planned to go with this, especially coming from The Avatar Freak. Conceptually, I think mercy > justice, all things being equal, but we've had enough mercy around here for a while.

[censored]
10-19-2005, 02:26 AM
I think most people would have a trouble telling someone even via PM that they are exiled from the forum and not welcome back when then have asked for another chance. Fortunately for everyone here I have no such problem.