PDA

View Full Version : hand + variation

irishpint
10-18-2005, 11:20 PM
hand 1:

2/4 6max
loose passive limps in MP, he's like 60/2/.3 and I raise JJ folded to BB who calls.

5 9 K, 2 clubs (i have none) and BB leads. Calling station calls. What's my move? I called down only to see a pair of kings (duh). Fold to the flop bet? Raise the flop?

Variation

LP player in MP limps, I raise JJ on th CO and a LAG button 3bets. flop 5 9 K, 2 clubs (I have none). Now I'm out of position vs a 3bet and have an overcard to my PP. Can I c/f? c/c unless an ace hits? c/r and lead turn, folding to a raise?

lautzutao
10-18-2005, 11:28 PM
It depends on the player donking. If you think he'd only donk top pair you gotta bet /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

If he'd bet any piece of the board raise him on the flop. Bet the turn(on a non-ace) and check through the river. If he donks again fold.

If he's aggressive...I'd just call down. Unless he's so aggressive he'd donk a scarecard a large %of the time...then I'd raise him.

irishpint
10-18-2005, 11:30 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
It depends on the player donking. If you think he'd only donk top pair you gotta bet /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

If he'd bet any piece of the board raise him on the flop. Bet the turn(on a non-ace) and check through the river. If he donks again fold.

If he's aggressive...I'd just call down. Unless he's so aggressive he'd donk a scarecard a large %of the time...then I'd raise him.

[/ QUOTE ]

i gotta bet? do you mean fold? if i raise im folding the turn if he donks that, and these sneaky bastards tend to pull that it seems. somehow my poker mind is very clouded at this moment. And my win @ showdown for the last few k is like 48%- not good.

10-18-2005, 11:54 PM
I think it's really read dependent. He's leading into the PFR and a limper, but if you've seen him do that with less than top pair I think you have to raise most of the time.

I cap PF against a LAG and a limper, and plan to bet-fold each street, in the variation hand.

This needlessly aggro?

detruncate
10-19-2005, 12:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
hand 1:

2/4 6max
loose passive limps in MP, he's like 60/2/.3 and I raise JJ folded to BB who calls.

5 9 K, 2 clubs (i have none) and BB leads. Calling station calls. What's my move? I called down only to see a pair of kings (duh). Fold to the flop bet? Raise the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do we know anything about BB? I'm prepared to call this down vs an unknown unless another flush card hits. No sense raising unless you're more sure it'll be for value (i.e., Villain is aggressive enough that we think we match up well enough vs his range to raise).

Most people aggressive enough to bet their draw will 3-bet, so it just ends up costing us more when we're behind since the conditions that led to wanting to continue haven't changed much.

I don't think we can fold second pair just yet, but I'm not anxious to put any more money in the pot than we have to.

[ QUOTE ]
Variation

LP player in MP limps, I raise JJ on th CO and a LAG button 3bets. flop 5 9 K, 2 clubs (I have none). Now I'm out of position vs a 3bet and have an overcard to my PP. Can I c/f? c/c unless an ace hits? c/r and lead turn, folding to a raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

First I cap pf and lead the flop. Then I decide what to do based on the action and my read of Villain. Not all LAGs are created equal.