PDA

View Full Version : AKs Standard?

hobbsmann
10-18-2005, 11:07 PM
BB appears to be a TAG over a small sample size.

Turn raise, yes? no? maybe?
Party Poker 15.00/30.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.67 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.33 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>?

michaelp
10-18-2005, 11:32 PM
Doesn't your read and the pot size suggest:
folding after the flop check raise.
If not it surely says fold to the turn bet and wait for a better position.

hobbsmann
10-18-2005, 11:34 PM
Folding the flop would be bad, I have a gutshot and over cards.

10-18-2005, 11:39 PM
I think that a raise is not something i would even be considering here unless the BB is a very aggressive player or a rabid blind defender you have 10 out total 3 aces 3 king and four queens you will hit one of these about 30% of the time but the way the blind is playing he could very well have made 3 of a kind and you will only get a queen about 12% of the time and if it comes the queen of hearts you may lose to a flush unlikely i think in this hand but without and background on the big blind this my be possible i think you should be calling this is a small pot and you my even want to fold depending on what you know about the big blinds play

SneakyChicken

AaronS
10-18-2005, 11:43 PM
I agree you should call the flop, getting 7:1 you need only 6 outs to call. You have at least 4, and can probably count 2 for the aces/kings. I would just fold the turn. You are getting 5:1, and I can't see you having 8 outs here. The pot is small, just fold and wait for a better spot.

bakku
10-18-2005, 11:45 PM
not standard and that's not a good turn card to be raising

hobbsmann
10-18-2005, 11:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
So I'm obviously exaggerating claiming this is standard, but I actually think this is a pretty decent turn card to raise here.

10-18-2005, 11:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
So I'm obviously exaggerating claiming this is standard, but I actually think this is a pretty decent turn card to raise here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont see how this is a decent turn card it really only decreases your outs by making your ace and king out worth less than 6 outs total because there is a higher chance your facing trips

SneakyChicken

goofball
10-19-2005, 12:14 AM
Why do you think that's a good turn card to be raising? The only time you do that is if you specifically havea J. Villian can't put you on "any overpair" or something, and fold. You're never folding here imo and you are unlikely to fold any better hand. Folding is the play.