PDA

View Full Version : How do I delete these?

ripdog
10-18-2005, 10:34 PM
I downloaded some poker site programs and decided that I didn't like them. After deleting them from the directories that they were in I noticed that under the Tools pull down in IE they are bookmarked there. When I click the bookmark I get a "cannot find the file" message. Why did these get stored here? I have no idea how to get them out of there.

Nomad84
10-18-2005, 10:55 PM
It's a registry entry that puts them there. Click Start>Run...>type "regedit">hit enter. From there, go to Edit>Find and enter the name of the site. You can use this to locate entries left behind by the software. In this particular case, the entry in question is in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>Microsoft>Internet Explorer>Extensions. Each folder at this location represents a different entry on the Tools menu in IE. You can easily figure out what folder is what by looking at the contents. You can safely delete the folder associated with any particular site. To be safe, you should always back up your registry before making any changes. HTH!

ripdog
10-19-2005, 01:49 AM
Found them! Thanks for the help. I was going to ask what HTH! meant but my last line cleared it all up for me.

Nomad84
10-19-2005, 01:29 PM
Glad I could help! I've cleaned enough Party skins off of my computer to be somewhat familiar with all of the associated registry entries.