PDA

View Full Version : 55s - AQs bubble

10-18-2005, 10:02 PM
I'm guessing the preflop call is sinful and I should have pushed. What's your line on the flop in response to check / half pot bet / all in?

Edit: Villian had been very passive last level. This is his first pre-flop raise in past ten hadns.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t3870)
Button (t1085)
SB (t2745)
Hero (t2300)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t500</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls t300.

Flop: (t1100) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t1100

bluefeet
10-18-2005, 10:05 PM
I think simply calling PF is NOT horrendous. I push this flop.

swiftrhett
10-18-2005, 10:06 PM
--advice removed for being wrong--

10-18-2005, 10:07 PM
I was OOP on the flop. Do you call a push?

bluefeet
10-18-2005, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SB - smoke break
You - BB
Him - UTG?

Push the flop.

Bigwig
10-18-2005, 10:10 PM
Calling here is just fine. It's on the bubble, and you've got one other player significantly shorter. AQ isn't AK, so calling here is okay. This flop is just [censored] beautiful, however. No room to check raise here. Any signifcant bet by the original raiser will pot commit him, killing your fold equity. And you want fold equity here because of the bubble.

Open push the flop.

kyro
10-18-2005, 10:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet 500. Fold to any raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha. good one.

kyro
10-18-2005, 10:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Calling here is just fine. It's on the bubble, and you've got one other player significantly shorter. AQ isn't AK, so calling here is okay. This flop is just [censored] beautiful, however. No room to check raise here. Any signifcant bet by the original raiser will pot commit him, killing your fold equity. And you want fold equity here because of the bubble.

Open push the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bigwig, you play good. (Actually, what I mean to say is you play it like I would and I have no idea what this means.)

10-18-2005, 10:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SB - smoke break
You - BB
Him - UTG?

Push the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really shouldn't play poker.

Thank you all for the responses. I'm used to auto-pushing this at the 22s / 33s pre-flop. The deeper stacks definitely make the 55s more enjoyable to play.

Results:

I checked, villian pushed, I called.

He turns over KQ for the nut straight. Blank-blank, busted. I weep the tears of the damned.

kyro
10-18-2005, 10:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SB - smoke break
You - BB
Him - UTG?

Push the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really shouldn't play poker.

Thank you all for the responses. I'm used to auto-pushing this at the 22s / 33s pre-flop. The deeper stacks definitely make the 55s more enjoyable to play.

Results:

I checked, villian pushed, I called.

He turns over KQ for the nut straight. Blank-blank, busted. I weep the tears of the damned.

[/ QUOTE ]

The exact same thing would have happened if you had openpushed the flop. I wouldn't sweat it.