PDA

View Full Version : 2x-gut Broadway turn odds?

10-18-2005, 09:57 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

MP3 is villian, no PT reads, nothing out of ordinary in 2 orbits, decent preflop stds, hasn't shown down rags/bluffed.

Button is a Lag, loves to see turns but would call this flop with something like Jxs, and im not expecting his overcall.

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, BB checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (5 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, MP3 Bets , Hero calls, Button folds, BB calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif (3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP3 bets</font>, Hero ? <font color="red"> </font>

Getting 6.25-1, i feel my implied odds are good enough to barely merit this turn call. Drawless board, fairly sure he's on an Ace or hand like KT.

I think that I draw too much in small pots/shorthanded pots without proper odds- would this be an example or is this easy?

numeri
10-18-2005, 09:59 PM
How many outs do you have? What odds do you need to be offered by the pot in order to call? What is the pot offering you?

If you answer those questions, it's easy to see what to do.

El Tigre
10-18-2005, 10:09 PM
You are getting 5.25 from the pot I believe. You have 8 clean outs to the nuts. There are 46 cards left. 8/46 = 4/23. Which is JUST under 6-1. You might get a call behind you, and you have implied odds, so I think you call this everytime.

numeri
10-18-2005, 10:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
8/46 = 4/23. Which is JUST under 6-1.

[/ QUOTE ]
Check again. 8/46 = 0.1739 is the probability of your draw coming in. 1-8/46 = 0.8261 is then the probability of your draw not coming in.

Your odds are:
(prob of missing)/(prob of hitting):1
= 0.8261/0.1739:1
= 4.75:1

Easy call every time.

OP: Learn how to count your odds more carefully and know what odds are necessary. Find an odds chart or calculate them all yourself if it helps. I still don't have them all memorized (because I'm lazy) so I have a little chart taped to my monitor.

10-18-2005, 10:17 PM
Presumably 8 solid outs to nuts K's &amp; 9's
if i put him on a T 20% of the time i can assign 1 sketchy out (?) to my 6 Q/J's; 9 outs, pots offering (5.25)-1 present and most likely given my position the implied odds:
9-1 (river bet-raise-call),
8-1 (bet-raise fold) and
7-1 (check-fold) for times he's not strong.

thanks/

edit: thanks for your responses, i'd never fold an open straight bc you usually have the implied in any pot i just thought that this was a little thin.

River: (6.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
MP3 checks, Hero checks.

loves the cheap showdown.

numeri
10-18-2005, 10:22 PM
The pot is currently offering 5.25:1 (4.25 from the flop and MP3's bet). See my other post about what odds you need and other general comments. This is an easy turn call without any implied odds.

EDIT: Also, don't factor in the T as you probably shouldn't be calling a river bet if you hit a Q or J - I'd just focus on the 8 straight outs.

10-18-2005, 10:29 PM
yeah i was fairly sure he had a weak A so i wasnt considering my pair outs, got mixed up on SB's and BB's (thinking that i needed 8-1 (SB's) to draw to an open vs. 4-1 BB's.

gopnik
10-19-2005, 12:21 AM
fold the flop and fold again on the turn.

On the flop you don't have odds to call, plus you are not closing the action, thus, you might get raised behind and you'll have to call.

Sorry, did not see the other 4 outs. Easy call then.