PDA

View Full Version : Barry Greenstein Insinuation?

sciencebeagle
10-18-2005, 09:38 PM
I recently flipped through Greensteins "Ace on the River" and found a interesting correlation. In the different chapters of the book, pictures of particular poker players seem to be inserted depending on the theme of the chapter. It seems pretty consistant. For example in the "Traits of a Winning Player" chapter you have pictures of John Juanda, Mimi Tran, Howard Lederer, etc. In the chapter about Game Theoory you have a picture of Ferguson. In the chapter about poker and family you have a picture of Annie Duke and her kids. In the chapter about "Whose the Best in the World" you have picture of Brunson, Chip Reese, Ivy. Harmon, etc etc. Now here comes my question. In the chapter about cheating, collusion, and protecting yourself, theres only two pictures, one of some white guy I couldn't reconize and the other of Minh Ly looking straight at the camera. I know that Ly plays in some of the big games with Greenstein, so is Barry insinuating that he might be a cheater from some past experience or something? Can't wait to here the responses to this one.

HiatusOver
10-18-2005, 10:05 PM
Barry is insinuating that Minh is among the most honest people/players in the poker world. I played at a table with Minh in a WSOP event. He had a yet to be released copy of Barry's book with him...it was signed by Barry with the inscription "To one of the best poker players in the world".

Burno
10-18-2005, 10:34 PM
I remember seeing a passage in the book about tourney winners going broke in the big game and seeing a pic of Amir Vahedi below it and wondering if it was more than coincidence.

Jedster
10-18-2005, 11:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I recently flipped through Greensteins "Ace on the River" and found a interesting correlation. In the different chapters of the book, pictures of particular poker players seem to be inserted depending on the theme of the chapter. It seems pretty consistant. For example in the "Traits of a Winning Player" chapter you have pictures of John Juanda, Mimi Tran, Howard Lederer, etc. In the chapter about Game Theoory you have a picture of Ferguson. In the chapter about poker and family you have a picture of Annie Duke and her kids. In the chapter about "Whose the Best in the World" you have picture of Brunson, Chip Reese, Ivy. Harmon, etc etc. Now here comes my question. In the chapter about cheating, collusion, and protecting yourself, theres only two pictures, one of some white guy I couldn't reconize and the other of Minh Ly looking straight at the camera. I know that Ly plays in some of the big games with Greenstein, so is Barry insinuating that he might be a cheater from some past experience or something? Can't wait to here the responses to this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the pictures is Doug Dalton the Bellagio poker room manager. I'm sure he's not insinuating anything about him other than that Dalton is responsible for keeping the games safe. If he was saying Dalton was a cheat, I'd have trouble understanding why he plays at Bellagio. I think the other guy is Thor Hansen, but the picture is cropped funny. There is also a picture of a Bellagio security guard. As for Minh Ly, I've seen BG playing the big game with him, so I would tend to doubt he thinks Ly is cheating. But ultimately I really don't know anything.

tek
10-19-2005, 12:27 AM
There's a picture of Doyle at a buffet. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Jedster
10-19-2005, 02:03 AM
I just noticed that there is a photo index at the end of the book. It was a picture of Thor Hansen. And the picture of Minh Ly, according to the index, shows him eyeing another play suspiciously; in other words, looking out for himself, which is a key point of the chapter.