PDA

View Full Version : AA Is this bad?

10-18-2005, 09:31 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.75.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (14.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (20.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, Button folds, SB calls.

Final Pot: 23.75 BB

Good or Bad?

MrWookie47
10-18-2005, 09:43 PM
Bet that flop. Having it checked through would make you cry.

10-18-2005, 09:52 PM
If I had KK on a QT6 board would your answer be the same?

TripleH68
10-18-2005, 09:52 PM
Is there a particular reason you checked the flop?

Because I would be thinking "if someone in LP has a flush or straight draw there are about to be a lot of bets going into the middle of the table."

numeri
10-18-2005, 09:55 PM
Uhh... bad? Why did you check the flop?

You can't protect your hand in a big family pot like this, so just bet/raise for value.

El Tigre
10-18-2005, 09:59 PM
Bet this flop, dont know much else to say. What is your reason for checking. Are you going to be folding if it goes bet raise raise or something. You probably have the best hand at this point, bet it

10-18-2005, 09:59 PM
I was hoping the bet came from late. 7 players, any opportunity I had to knock out GS I was going to try.

With 7 players, I was thinking any flush draws probably bets, any K bets etc. I thought everyone was coming if I bet this flop. I thought I'd wait for the turn if the bet was on my left and check raise if the bet was on my right.

In a pot this big, I expected it to be raised by the time it got back to me.

From the BB, there are so many hands I could have been raising and I just played like I missed.

This is why I'm asking?

numeri
10-18-2005, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was hoping the bet came from late. 7 players, any opportunity I had to knock out GS I was going to try.

With 7 players, I was thinking any flush draws probably bets, any K bets etc. I thought everyone was coming if I bet this flop. I thought I'd wait for the turn if the bet was on my left and check raise if the bet was on my right.

In a pot this big, I expected it to be raised by the time it got back to me.

From the BB, there are so many hands I could have been raising and I just played like I missed.

This is why I'm asking?

[/ QUOTE ]
Have you read any of the replies? You're expecting bets from people who have done nothing but call. You give us no reads, so we assume a bunch of LPPs - especially since everybody including 3 dudes sitting at the rail are in on the hand.

Why would you expect a bet? Is anyone at the table aggressive? If so, why didn't you mention that? Normal passive players don't bet flush draws or K's in a family pot like this, because they suck at poker. You, on other hand, should bet your overpair since you want to not suck at poker. That's why you're here. Right???

milesdyson
10-18-2005, 10:17 PM
JESUS CHRIST WHY DID YOU NOT CHECK RAISE THE FLOP AFTER THE WORLD CALLED THAT BET.

10-18-2005, 10:24 PM
I was thinking this was my biggest mistake. I was hoping to do this on a blank turn or if I improved. On the turn, I got blindsided by the SB bet, I saw my opportunity to knock people out and pounced.

The more I look at this hand, the more kittens I imagine dying.

10-18-2005, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You can't protect your hand in a big family pot like this, so just bet/raise for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree- bet to let flush draws try to raise for a free card/aggressive kings to try to limit the field, the way you played it, c/r the flop, great river.
not to hijack but i'd also bet the KK overpair on the QT6 board to charge FDs/Q's/protect against Ax's.- wrong?

TripleH68
10-18-2005, 10:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
JESUS CHRIST WHY DID YOU NOT CHECK RAISE THE FLOP AFTER THE WORLD CALLED THAT BET.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red">Winner! I was hoping OP would say this first.</font>

TripleH68
10-18-2005, 11:28 PM
Let me address your concern about gutshot draws.

Okay so let's say I am UTG+1 and limped in with AJo.

If you bet the flop I have to worry about getting trapped. I could call only to see it get raised in LP, then possibly reraised by you. If I call all the way along you are winning. The pot is getting bigger and I am chasing a longshot.

That is why I always say you should strap on the seat belt and get ready for a bumpy ride. Don't worry about protecting here.

gopnik
10-19-2005, 12:09 AM
awefull flop check

Weatherhead03
10-19-2005, 12:32 AM
In short. Yes

10-19-2005, 02:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If I had KK on a QT6 board would your answer be the same?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes protecting your hand would be nice. But this looks like a hand where your position makes that almost impossible. Bet the flop.

10-19-2005, 02:29 AM
Yes lot of kittens died b/c of this. But don't worry about it, we all do it /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yerma
10-19-2005, 05:31 AM
Hi kwazzie,

You are overemphasizing the importance of protecting your hand, and you got *very* lucky that the SB bet the turn for you.

Your flop check is excellent, but the flop check-call is not. Having failed to protect your hand by check-raising and knocking players out, the next best thing is to raise for maximum value.