PDA

View Full Version : A weird, misplayed hand

bweiser8311962
10-18-2005, 07:52 PM
OK. I am on the button. Pokerstars $1/$2 6-max limit table.

I look down at K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif and there is one limper from EP. I raise. BB 3-bets. EP calls. I call.

Flop is K 10 9, rainbow, one spade.

BB check. EP bets. I raise. BB calls. EP 3-bets. I cap.

Turn is 3 putting two spades on the board.

BB check. EP bets. I raise. BB calls. EP 3-bets. I cap. I figure I am behind to JQ but hope to fill up.

River is a rainbow 6.

BB checks. EP CHECKS. I ... hesitate and check, figuring I'm not going to get called by anything I beat.

I definitely think I missed a value bet on the river.

I'll pass along the other two hands in a bit but I'm curious about feedback about how I played this.

Thanks.

crazygoose
10-18-2005, 08:04 PM
preflop is good. flop is fine. I really dont like your turn or river play. I dont cap that turn...Maybe with a read on villian is might be easier to decide. BB obviously has AK (not always though) so we are definitely ahead of him. EP probably has KT and figures s/he is behind a set or QJ. QJ will probably bet out that river. I wouldn't bet that river either but then again I wouldn't have capped that turn. I think that is a misrepresentation of your hand and could have caused a mistake on the river.

bweiser8311962
10-18-2005, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the response.

newhizzle
10-18-2005, 09:08 PM
i think you should slow down on the turn and bet the river if checked to, do you have any reads?

newhizzle
10-18-2005, 09:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
preflop is good. flop is fine. I really dont like your turn or river play. I dont cap that turn...Maybe with a read on villian is might be easier to decide. BB obviously has AK (not always though) so we are definitely ahead of him. EP probably has KT and figures s/he is behind a set or QJ. QJ will probably bet out that river. I wouldn't bet that river either but then again I wouldn't have capped that turn. I think that is a misrepresentation of your hand and could have caused a mistake on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

i really think BB is betting the flop with AK

bweiser8311962
10-18-2005, 09:21 PM
No real reads, other than it is a $1/$2 table and I've seen a lot bad play at this level (not that I'm a pro).

bweiser8311962
10-19-2005, 12:14 AM
BB turned over AQ ... Cold-calling two bets on the flop and turn with a gutshot.

EP had 10 9 for a lower two pair.

MHIG.