PDA

View Full Version : River bluff raise

gh9801
10-18-2005, 07:48 PM
Villain is a 2p2 TAG. He does not know who I am

Party Poker 5.00/10.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (9.00 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (5.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

newhizzle
10-18-2005, 07:58 PM
i think this was me

ill let others comment before i say anything

im also not sure i like how i played my hand

TheHammer24
10-18-2005, 08:02 PM
Umm, I'm not a big river bluff raiser. However, this is a great spot to do it. Unless villian hold specifically JJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif or TT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, I think he will fold this hand. I think villian is bet/folding this a lot with a set, two pair.

crazygoose
10-18-2005, 08:06 PM
I like it a lot.

gh9801
10-18-2005, 08:28 PM
I actually have a hard time putting villain on a hand - He could have anything. He could have gone for a turn c/r but I don't know. He could have AA or 22. I just know that he could be bet/folding the river and that he didn't know who I was (most 5/10 unknowns won't bluff raise a river), and I figured my hand looks like JxJd or TxTd.

newhizzle
10-18-2005, 08:34 PM
whats your plan if i c/r the flop or donk the turn?

and no i didnt know who you were

gh9801
10-18-2005, 08:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then AJ is good?

newhizzle
10-18-2005, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then AJ is good?

[/ QUOTE ]

A /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif

newhizzle
10-18-2005, 08:43 PM
i didnt know what to put you on, i strongly considered c/ring flop, but since you capped, i feared AK, and i wanted to get the most out of a pair, so i was thinking c/c, c/c, bet, also strongly considering c/ring turn, i didnt anticipate the 4 flush coming and figured a bet/fold was better than a c/c on the river

edit: i think you played it perfectly and would like to hear what others think about it, as well as my options

TheHammer24
10-18-2005, 08:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then AJ is good?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This was your hand NeWhizzle?

newhizzle
10-18-2005, 08:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then AJ is good?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This was your hand NeWhizzle?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes

gh9801
10-18-2005, 08:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i didnt know what to put you on, i strongly considered c/ring flop, but since you capped, i feared AK, and i wanted to get the most out of a pair, so i was thinking c/c, c/c, bet, also strongly considering c/ring turn, i didnt anticipate the 4 flush coming and figured a bet/fold was better than a c/c on the river

edit: i think you played it perfectly and would like to hear what others think about it, as well as my options

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I figured you could easily have an ace here after the flop call. I think a lot of the time you're WA/WB here so c/calling is best on the flop. The turn and river made it tough to play with only top pair - you only beat a bluff. I actually think you might have taken the best line, even though you folded the best hand... usually you're losing here

TheHammer24
10-18-2005, 08:55 PM
I think you have to c/r flop or river then. Preferably the turn, and fold to a three bet w/o specific read. Was this your plan?

newhizzle
10-18-2005, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you have to c/r flop or river then. Preferably the turn, and fold to a three bet w/o specific read. Was this your plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

what i said in a reply a minute ago:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i really dont know whats right in this situation

gh9801
10-18-2005, 09:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what i said in a reply a minute ago:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i really dont know whats right in this situation

[/ QUOTE ]

For you, me neither. I like trying to get to a showdown cheap though.