PDA

View Full Version : If you knocked your toothbrush into the toilet?

brick
10-18-2005, 07:41 PM
Would you throw it away right then?

Or wash in some way or another?
What would you consider a sufficient cleaning?

PoBoy321
10-18-2005, 07:43 PM
It depends. How readily available is a new toothbrush and how desperately do you need to brush your teeth?

brick
10-18-2005, 07:45 PM
you don't have another toothbrush.
and you're leaving for work.

PoBoy321
10-18-2005, 07:46 PM
Was there anything in the toilet besides water? I might either just use mouhwash or bring toothpaste with me, pick up a new one on my way to work and brush when i got there.

Luzion
10-18-2005, 07:46 PM
If I was using a regular toothbrush, I probably would throw it away. I use a Sonicare nowadays, so if I dropped the toothbrush attachment in the toilet, I wouldnt know what to do. Those brush heads are like $7-$10 to replace. Probably would convince myself to clean it really well.

brick
10-18-2005, 07:49 PM
The toilet only had water in it "at the time" /images/graemlins/smile.gif

send_the_msg
10-18-2005, 07:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

chuck it. why make yourself think about such things?

Blarg
10-18-2005, 07:53 PM
You can get toothbrushes for a buck each. I'd pay that much not to put toilet in my mouth.

By the way, e. coli germs are deadly, and they live in your intestines, and come out in your poop. Just because you've flushed doesn't mean you've gotten rid of the germs, and some of those germs are literally deadly.

Also, have you ever tried to disinfect your toothbrush? I do it once in a while. I soak it in rubbing alcohol. It takes a surprising amount of rinsing and time to get the alcohol completely gone. And that's alcohol, now, which evaporates very quickly. If the alcohol lingers even though it evaporates and can pour off, what do you think the toilet germs do?

send_the_msg
10-18-2005, 07:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You can get toothbrushes for a buck each. I'd pay that much not to put toilet in my mouth.

By the way, e. coli germs are deadly, and they live in your intestines, and come out in your poop. Just because you've flushed doesn't mean you've gotten rid of the germs, and some of those germs are literally deadly.

Also, have you ever tried to disinfect your toothbrush? I do it once in a while. I soak it in rubbing alcohol. It takes a surprising amount of rinsing and time to get the alcohol completely gone. And that's alcohol, now, which evaporates very quickly. If the alcohol lingers even though it evaporates and can pour off, what do you think the toilet germs do?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm now afraid of my toilet, just great

Hamish McBagpipe
10-18-2005, 08:02 PM
I have about 4 extra toothbrushes. I use cheap ones and chuck em after every tube. But I'm not as fastidious as when this happened in that Seinfeld episode, The Pothole.

You must have seen this one from Snopes...

"A couple from Des Moines were vacationing in Jamaica. One day, upon returning the rented condo they had been staying at, they found that they had been robbed. The thieves had made off with most of their possessions, but the couple were pleased to discover that their camera was still there. When they got home a few days later, and developed the roll of film still in the camera, there were pictures of two Black strangers in the condo in Jamaica, each with a toothbrush up their bums. The couple was horrified when they realized those were their toothbrushes."

I'd probably buy a new one after that.

[censored]
10-18-2005, 08:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I cleanse mine every week but I use hydrogen peroxide instead. Works just as well I would think and I don't have to rinse as long.

JihadOnTheRiver
10-18-2005, 08:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
put toilet in my mouth

[/ QUOTE ]
I love this wording

Blarg
10-18-2005, 08:10 PM
That's not a bad idea. Neither are good to get in your system, but at least peroxide doesn't taste as bad, and it actually has tooth whitening properties and is sometimes recommended as a mouth rinse.

brick
10-18-2005, 08:21 PM
I hope I don't die. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

AZK
10-18-2005, 08:23 PM
Do you or anyone else have any idea how much fecal matter is already on yours and everyone else toothbrush at any given time just by the fact that it sits on your sink in the same room that you flush a toilet in....why does no one ever stop to think about this? Everything in your bathroom is contaminated with fecal matter....

Cancer Merchant
10-18-2005, 08:30 PM
Toss it.

Gargle with closest alcohol-based substance. Minty preferred, Old Crow acceptable.

Blarg
brick's girlfriend: Honey, your mouth tastes like ass. Have you been felching someone?

tonypaladino
OP is just posing as part of his campain to prove oot is "distasteful"

See Post (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3600760&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1#Post3709802)

brick
10-18-2005, 08:39 PM
I'm just trying to fit in. Ray told me to.

TimM
10-18-2005, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you don't have another toothbrush.
and you're leaving for work.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd brush with my finger. It works in a pinch.

In reality, I have a decent collection of unused toothbrushes around the apartment. My dentist gives me a new toothbrush every visit, and I have a few travel ones that came bundled with mouthwash or Plax laying around too.

spamuell
10-18-2005, 08:42 PM
i try to not like die i don't know soak mouth in alcohol [censored] that way it's not that bad as kills germs wont remeber this in monrgning why reading 2p2

Luzion
10-18-2005, 08:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you or anyone else have any idea how much fecal matter is already on yours and everyone else toothbrush at any given time just by the fact that it sits on your sink in the same room that you flush a toilet in....why does no one ever stop to think about this? Everything in your bathroom is contaminated with fecal matter....

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a good point really. Whenever you flush your toilet, its not as if everything goes straight down. Your toilet produces a light mist when you flush, and this mist covers a lot of your stuff in the bathroom with bits of fecal matter.

astroglide
10-18-2005, 09:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this was covered on mythbusters. they took a billion toothbrushes and put them all over a bathroom and monitored them for fecal coliform (sp?) bacteria. they also had 2 control brushes which were put in a completely separate room and were not used. the control brushes ended up with about the same amount as the ones in the bathroom, meaning that it's everywhere.

daryn
10-18-2005, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i've done this, several times actually. just run it under hot hot water, end of story.

10-18-2005, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have about 4 extra toothbrushes. I use cheap ones and chuck em after every tube. But I'm not as fastidious as when this happened in that Seinfeld episode, The Pothole.

You must have seen this one from Snopes...

"A couple from Des Moines were vacationing in Jamaica. One day, upon returning the rented condo they had been staying at, they found that they had been robbed. The thieves had made off with most of their possessions, but the couple were pleased to discover that their camera was still there. When they got home a few days later, and developed the roll of film still in the camera, there were pictures of two Black strangers in the condo in Jamaica, each with a toothbrush up their bums. The couple was horrified when they realized those were their toothbrushes."

I'd probably buy a new one after that.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao

Roy Munson
10-18-2005, 09:22 PM
Not only would I not dispose of the toothbrush I would retrieve it by plunging my face into the water as if I were bobbing for apples.

brick
10-18-2005, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
just run it under hot hot water, end of story.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's what I did.

James Boston
10-18-2005, 11:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i've done this, several times actually.

[/ QUOTE ]

May I suggest moving your toothbrush.

nothumb
10-19-2005, 12:32 AM
This is why I have a toothbrush at my desk at work, also in case I eat something really raunchy for lunch.

NT

daryn
10-19-2005, 12:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's what i usually do when i brush my teeth

Cancer Merchant
10-19-2005, 01:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Putting the cover down works. Chicks dig this too.

Stellastarr
10-19-2005, 02:47 AM
Garbage. Wouldnt even think twice.

SCfuji
10-19-2005, 02:54 AM
i have not just backups, but backups of backups of everything. but if im you i just use mouthwash, throw away the toothbrush, and pick a few up on the way home so i dont end up in the same situation.

GuyOnTilt
10-19-2005, 02:57 AM
DEF throw away. That's [censored] gross.

GoT

Boris
10-19-2005, 03:12 AM
why is this even a question?

JaBlue
10-19-2005, 03:15 AM
this is why I keep my tooth brush on the other side of the sink

Scuba Chuck
10-19-2005, 03:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That's not a bad idea. Neither are good to get in your system, but at least peroxide doesn't taste as bad, and it actually has tooth whitening properties and is sometimes recommended as a mouth rinse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blarg, this is actually incorrect. There's a lot of benefits from hydrogen peroxide, and taking it internally is NOT bad. In fact, if I remember correctly, you can buy food grade hydrogen peroxide. If you're interested in knowing more, look up oxygen therepy.

Furthermore, there is a lot of cleaning benefits to hydrogen peroxide. I think this is a good idea.

And this thread f.ing rules. Can't believe how much I've laughed so far.

Blarg
10-19-2005, 05:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is why I have a toothbrush at my desk at work, also in case I eat something really raunchy for lunch.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.

Blarg
10-19-2005, 05:59 AM
Hydrogen peroxide is not only deadly in sufficient amounts, but it supposedly creates free radicals, which lead to oxidative damage in the body.