PDA

View Full Version : In January I made a prediction ...

Instinct
06-03-2003, 12:33 AM
That Paradise would lose ground to other sites, especially partypoker. Right now there are almost twice the number of players at party than at Paradise. 5700 versus 3100.
Over 2200 at Stars and the games are actually quite good for a change.

Sure Paradise could have the most loyal players, but they will continue to go to other sites that are giving more back to the players and constantly bringing new blood in.
Luckily its not too late if they really want to be #1, as there site is still the most professional set up. Hopefully they will wake up.

Instinct

Frozen
06-03-2003, 02:38 AM
I'd like to see BOTH Pair a dice and party lose more market share to stars. Only stars gives me what I like: High limit tourneys, 15-30 o8, freezeouts, and (relatively)high limit sit & go one/two table tourneys.
Not to mention awesome bonuses.

I play exclusively at stars, as the others have a lot of catching up to do...

dr_mabuse
06-03-2003, 02:51 AM
hi,
unfortunatly pokerstars has by miles the worst client-sw i could imagine. e.g. try to click a button on a stars window, when the button is covered by another window; sometimes you have to drag the window manually from being covered and it is just a very tiny fix to their client-sw.
i like the paradise-sw best it is very stable, clear-cut structured and very functional without any gimmicks.
nevertheless pokerstars has obviously the best tournament action.

thanks and bye
olaf

beernutz
06-03-2003, 02:56 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
unfortunatly pokerstars has by miles the worst client-sw i could imagine

[/ QUOTE ]
Sir, please get off the crack pipe!

dr_mabuse
06-03-2003, 03:50 AM
whats up ?
i do not use crack and maybe i should add that i play only paradise, party and stars. from that experience i would rate the customer-friendliness of the sw-clients:

paradise &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; party &gt; stars

but i do not want to offend anyone, it is just my opinion.

thanks and bye
olaf

Hung
06-03-2003, 04:26 AM
I hope things will stay at it is.
Personally I don't like stars at all. I think stars has an evil air that prevents me from winning. The site does not like me at all. There is some special power that surrounds me and it's making me lose (LOL)
I tried to clear my $120 bonus. I lost $400 doing so. I got my bonus now, but those were two hard weeks. I will never chase a bonus again. I also noticed it's easier to get your bonus playing limit. I played 0.50-1 NL and my fpp didn't move much. Once I started play $1-$2 limit it went up really fast.
The sit&amp;go's are cool. But still that evil power. I played 6 sit &amp; go yesterday. full table 9 handed. I got 2nd 6 times! How unlucky. I went in with the best hand and lost my coinflip. But I'm still in the money.
I had a bad run, but this run is keep running.
I'm gonna pack and leave.

As for party/empire. Games are juicy. me love it.
UB has become really tough. Yesterday I saw ziwggeltje playing NL, he was at the same table as me, but didn't say a word...

Legend27
06-03-2003, 04:41 AM
Stars is semi-evil. I don't know what it is exactly but I don't like stars that much. After I get my deposit bonus I'll cash out and go back to crushing the poor fools on party/empire. It's unbelievable how bad some of the players are on that site.

yct
06-03-2003, 06:18 AM
IMHO stars wins the best software award, but they also win the tightest LL holdem games award. However, they have the best tourney software at the moment, and I think it's a very good practice ground for getting your feet wet into tournament plays.

beernutz
06-03-2003, 11:22 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
party &gt; stars

[/ QUOTE ]
Olaf, I was not offended, I was just making a joke. I don't believe anyone here who read what I wrote actually believed I meant you were a crack addict because you voiced a particular opinion. That said, I still can't agree with the above assessment and since I've already enumated in previous posts the reasons I think this is true I won't bore you by regurgitating them. We will just have to proverbally agree to disagree.

smd
06-03-2003, 11:54 AM
I prefer Paradise's interface over Party's. But Party's low limit tables are much looser right now than paradise's. Last night at a 1-2 Party table, 9 out of the 10 players saw the flop at least 2 times (i was the one both times). I don't remember the last time I saw that at Paradise.

I love Paradise, but it looks like they have some work to do (promotions) to gain the #1 spot again.

bentlyman
06-03-2003, 02:43 PM
I have to agree with beernutz. I think Stars' interface far
is much better than Paradise or Party(granted Stars' is a tight site.) I've found Paradise extremely slow for me. Granted, I'm on a crappy dialup connection but, even so, the tournaments especially seem to go mindnumbingly slow.

The only game I've found that flys at paradise is 5 card draw which is a tough game to play online anyway. Stars games go fast and I find the Board,4 color deck, and User ID Circle Frames are pleasing to the eye IMHO.

I don't even want to mention Party.

"Crack is Whack!!" -- Whitney Houston to Barbara Walters

beernutz
06-03-2003, 03:04 PM
Jeebus, the way I spelled in that last post you'd think I'm the one on crack. Let me try that again.

Olaf, I was not offended, I was just making a joke. I don't believe anyone here who read what I wrote actually believed I meant you were a crack addict because you voiced a particular opinion. That said, I still can't agree with the above assessment and since I've already *enumerated* in previous posts the reasons I think this is true I won't bore you by regurgitating them. We will just have to *proverbially* agree to disagree.

GrannyMae
06-03-2003, 04:42 PM
i do not use crack and maybe i should

hmm, maybe i will to. i hear it is very addictive and cheaper than ever.

i'll keep your suggestion in mind dr. mauspuke.

TYVM

http://e4u.consoleradar.com/crazy/451.gif