PDA

View Full Version : US Photo ID

ZeeJustin
10-18-2005, 06:54 PM
My friend has tickets to leave for Dublin a week from today. He has recently turned 18, and has never had a government issued photo ID before.

In order to get a passport, he apparently needs a govt issued photo ID first. That can take up to 60 days.

Anyone know what his options are?

send_the_msg
10-18-2005, 06:55 PM
go to dmv and get ID card. easy as pie.

Evan
10-18-2005, 06:57 PM
Birth certificate + parents signatures should be able to get him a passport. He'ls probbly have to go and wait at your regional passport office for a few hours to get a passport soon enough for the trip.

ZeeJustin
10-18-2005, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't sound like a same day procedure. Is it?

Nick B.
10-18-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It can be if they know it is an emergency, you just have to tell them.

David04
10-18-2005, 07:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know if this is what he meant, but he can get his temps(driver's license learner's permit). Takes maybe two hours if the line is long. Which it will be.

Edge34
10-18-2005, 07:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.stressballworld.com/products/IMAGES/185/F/_fn_100b_new.jpg

Michael Davis
10-18-2005, 07:04 PM
Check the government's passport website, but I'm pretty sure you can get around the photo ID requirement if you have witnesses who will testify that you are who you say you are. Otherwise, talk to Evan.

-Michael

Los Feliz Slim
10-18-2005, 07:05 PM
Where is he? I've used a passport service in Los Angeles that has worked miracles for me before. Let me know if you want the #.

Evan
10-18-2005, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
talk to Evan.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is probably a good plan. My mom works in county licensing department (which issues passports) so I know more about this topic than I have any reason to.

ZeeJustin
10-18-2005, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Where is he? I've used a passport service in Los Angeles that has worked miracles for me before. Let me know if you want the #.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, please give me the number.

Los Feliz Slim
10-18-2005, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, please give me the number.

[/ QUOTE ]

Omega Visa Service
800-545-0000

Yes, that's actually the phone number. Isn't that crazy?

send_the_msg
10-18-2005, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know if this is what he meant, but he can get his temps(driver's license learner's permit). Takes maybe two hours if the line is long. Which it will be.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, that will work too, but what i'm talking about is what the dmv people simply refer to as an "ID card". it looks just like a drivers license/permit. i'm not sure that every state has it, could just feature of oregon.

MCS
10-18-2005, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
no, that will work too, but what i'm talking about is what the dmv people simply refer to as an "ID card". it looks just like a drivers license/permit. i'm not sure that every state has it, could just feature of oregon.

[/ QUOTE ]

NC has it too. I would think lots of (maybe all) states do.

David04
10-18-2005, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I have never seen one like this, but I think I remember hearing something about them.

TeeJayORTj
10-18-2005, 07:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

CT and MA have them. I dont see why you can't get it same day without any worries.

10-18-2005, 07:23 PM
Tell him to join the Army, he'll get a government id card the first day of basic training. Problem solved.

TheMetetron
10-18-2005, 07:29 PM
Did he really just purchase tickets to leave for Dublin today? I'm pretty sure you can get this done via some sort of expediated processing and witnesses saying you are who you are.

Good reason to get a passport now even if you don't plan on traveling anytime soon. I know mine has already come in handy.

ZeeJustin
10-18-2005, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't they mail those to you weeks later? Remember, we need it in our hands in far less than 7 days.

tonypaladino
10-18-2005, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't they mail those to you weeks later? Remember, we need it in our hands in far less than 7 days.

[/ QUOTE ]

In NY they take about 3 weeks to get to you. They don't print them at the DMV

DangerGoodson
10-18-2005, 07:37 PM
www.perryvisa.com (http://www.perryvisa.com)

www.abriggs.com (http://www.abriggs.com)

u guys playing in the EPT?