PDA

View Full Version : Playing Pokerstars vs playing UB with rakeback

10-18-2005, 06:28 PM
I'm mostly a ring game player, so obviously rake effects me. I don't believe pstars offers any rakeback program but I know ub does. Should I just transfer my money to UB and get the rakeback program or does PStars have enough going for it that I should stick with Stars

Also, does the rakeback program in any site give you rakeback for tournament fees? Or is it strictly for ring games.

Hojglad
10-18-2005, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, does the rakeback program in any site give you rakeback for tournament fees? Or is it strictly for ring games.

[/ QUOTE ]
As far as I know, Ultimate Bet doesn't count tourney entry "rake" towards your MGR. Most other sites do, though.

If your main game is 2/4 limit or higher, I'd say go with UB with rakeback. If you play lower, play on Stars without.

BigBiceps
10-18-2005, 07:00 PM
I am an advocate of UB because I like it and it does not "feel rigged".

Note however, that the rake is slightly to a bit higher at UB than Stars due to the taking at more frequent intervals. After rakeback, I don't know which site has a lower rake though (probably partially depends on the limits played).

10-18-2005, 07:11 PM
I'd make a new thread, but I figure it's less clutter if I just ask it here. Is the UB bonus + affiliate deal (I won't do RB because I don't plan on being a long term player - or should I?) worth it if I'm playing at the .50/1 limit?

Thanks. (Sorry OP if I stole your thread, but maybe this will add to it.)

philnewall
10-18-2005, 07:38 PM
Just play both at the same time, UB with the miniview and run a few stars games at the same time and make a direct comparison.

BigBiceps
10-18-2005, 07:55 PM
I don't know what you mean by affiliate deal.

at .5/1

PS rake ~3.0%
UB rake ~4.1%

At .5/1 the bonus reduces the rake by about 10%, reducing the effective rate to 3.7%.

If you have ~25% rakeback that is reducing it another 1%, so the effective rates are:

PS: 3.0% (which assumes no bonus)
UB: 2.7% (which assumes bonus + rakeback)

Rasputin
10-18-2005, 10:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm mostly a ring game player, so obviously rake effects me. I don't believe pstars offers any rakeback program but I know ub does. Should I just transfer my money to UB and get the rakeback program or does PStars have enough going for it that I should stick with Stars

[/ QUOTE ]

The downside of UB is that you can only play three tables at once.

The upside is that bonuses don't impact your MGR so your rakeback won't go down when you add a bonus.

The downside of the upside is that the bonuses suck.

Rasputin
10-18-2005, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Try FullTilt. They give rakeback for tourney fees, their software is similar to Stars in terms of feel, and their rake structure is almost identical to Stars.

No miniview though.

Piers
10-19-2005, 01:10 AM
It depends critically on the detail. Assume limit holdem, and you think entry to Poker Stars FPP tournaments and using UPs in tournaments is as good as money. I would say if you play at 2/4 then Poker Stars is better, at 3/6 its really close but probably UB (what’s your rakeback %) at other limits Ultimate Bet with rakeback is better.

10-19-2005, 06:17 AM
well I'm not at 2/4 yet, so I guess I will stick to stars until I get better. I know a site where I can get 27.5% rakeback on ub, so I'll just do that when I move up the limits.

Scotty O
10-20-2005, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The downside of UB is that you can only play three tables at once.

The upside is that bonuses don't impact your MGR so your rakeback won't go down when you add a bonus.

The downside of the upside is that the bonuses suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

UB reduces the amount an affiliate gets if the player has a bonus pending. I see the reports.

UB rocks all around!

lighterjobs
10-20-2005, 03:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
does PStars have enough going for it that I should stick with Stars

[/ QUOTE ]

what does stars have going for them for a .5/1 player?

XxGodJrxX
10-20-2005, 12:12 PM
I have found that that the games on PS are a lot softer than at UB. Other than that: NOTHING. Bonuses are next-to-impossible to clear at .5/1 at Stars. Then again, UB bonuses are hard to clear at all levels. Uhhh, maybe you should try a different poker site?