PDA

View Full Version : A very passive KJsKT hand....

AZK
10-18-2005, 06:27 PM
folded to me in Hijack, I raise pot, CO who posted calls, SB calls.

Flop 952 two tone (nothing of mine) checked around.

Turn J (now two flush draws of which I have none)

check, check, CO bets 2/3 pot, call, I call.

River 5o

Checked around.

beset7
10-18-2005, 07:08 PM
If this is still 5/10 or higher I think I follow through on the flop with a continuation bet. If it's short-handed a flop bet would be automatic.

After checking the flop I think the rest looks fine. Some would fold the turn but given the flush draws I think that would be pretty weak.

EDIT: Stacks?

Tilt
10-19-2005, 09:22 AM
I think betting 1/2 the pot on the flop is the best play. Check/calling the turn is fine. I would make a value bet on the river as a corrupted J9 might still call you down. Its an easy muck if someone comes over the top.

LA_Price
10-19-2005, 09:40 AM
try thinking about how often a poster and the sb are going to hit a 952 rainbow flop. Not very often in my opinion but if they have hit a pair giving them a free card is unwise as your hand is weak. i'd pot the flop and expect to take it down. If you are raised it's usually a pass unless your playing against super aggressive players.

AZK
10-19-2005, 10:14 AM
We all had $1000. Yeah, my biggest fear on the flop was that the CO likes to call flop bets and then pump on the turn. I hate to get blown off my hand by him since most of the time I think I'm ahead of his range, so I was trying to keep the pot small. Thanks for all the advice guys.

beset7
10-19-2005, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We all had $1000. Yeah, my biggest fear on the flop was that the CO likes to call flop bets and then pump on the turn. I hate to get blown off my hand by him since most of the time I think I'm ahead of his range, so I was trying to keep the pot small. Thanks for all the advice guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

The best thing to get out of guys like this is steal their line. I'm amazed how often you can peel on the flop and then c/r the pfr in omaha in take it down. The best defense against these guys is a big bankroll, balls of steel, and a well-timed willingness to go to war with marginal hands.

AZK
10-19-2005, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The best defense against these guys is a big bankroll, balls of steel, and a well-timed willingness to go to war with marginal hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like my kind of fun.

BluffTHIS!
10-19-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
try thinking about how often a poster and the sb are going to hit a 952 rainbow flop. Not very often in my opinion but if they have hit a pair giving them a free card is unwise as your hand is weak. i'd pot the flop and expect to take it down. If you are raised it's usually a pass unless your playing against super aggressive players.

[/ QUOTE ]

And since you didn't bet the flop as you should have, you should have folded the turn with no flush draws and only a gutshot and overpair. And if your K comes you might not actually like it.

DReid2006
10-21-2005, 07:59 PM
does he have a set or is it just because i'm stoned?