PDA

View Full Version : How does anyone get to play at Partypoker?

Petomane
06-02-2003, 10:25 PM
I tried to deposit money at Partypoker, but they never sent me verification.The floorperson was absent. They never return e-mail. They're not interested in new business?
Best to stay at Paradise - no problems there.

Jimbo
06-02-2003, 10:29 PM
I would like to be the first to extend a hearty welcome to our newest poster Petomane.

BillE
06-02-2003, 10:44 PM
a better question would be.. why would you want to play at a place with such horrendous customer service?

Instinct
06-03-2003, 12:19 AM
Because the games are better.
Cashouts are quick.
Game selection is excellent.
More fish.
Bonuses are great.
Tourny's are less tough than pokerstars.

They may not be doing everything right, and I will admit their customer service can be a little slow. ( and I could name a few other things ) BUT at least they have live support unlike Paradise or Stars.
I used to play exclusively at Paradise last year. I play WAY more at party now.

They are doing the things that keep the games good. New blood is important.

Instinct

jek187
06-03-2003, 01:12 AM
"BUT at least they have live support unlike Paradise or Stars."

Give me a quick, helpful response via email over a dumbass on live support any day.

Instinct
06-03-2003, 01:27 AM
I agree with you on this issue. Customer support is outstanding at pokerstars and usually very good at Paradise.
However I have often used the live support when I just have sumething quick to ask ... most of the time it's helpfull.

billy jack
06-03-2003, 01:52 AM
I find it real nice when I deposit at party having only to wait 8 hours before cashing out.At paradise and pokerstars I have to wait 48 hrs before cashing out.For some this isn't a big deal but for me I like to cash out my buyin especially when Im going for deposit bonuses ,otherwise waiting the 48hrs alot of time I blow some of my bankroll.Plus when I deposit 500 or 600 off my visa -the sooner I cash it out makes me feel a whole lot better.Its also real nice to cash out from party and have it in your neteller account in a few hours.Sometimes paradise and pokerstars takes a few days.

Just my 2 cents. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Hung
06-03-2003, 04:54 AM
Tourny's are less tough than pokerstars.

Tournies? Empire has very few tournies and most of them are limit.
As I said before, I don't like stars, but their tournies are the best.

Instinct
06-03-2003, 05:28 AM
Hung

Both Empire and Party are basically the same site as you know. All ring games have the same players but there are a few differences.

The main difference are the multi table tournies. Only players from each site can enter each site's tournies, so the tournies that you see at Empire are only entered by users who are registered with Empire. Empire has very few and they are usually limit. ( This includes any freeroll too ... you can not enter Party freerolls for example on the Empire site )

At Party however there are numerous daily tounies, both limit, pot limit and no limit. Often these attract similar #'s to the tournies at Stars. If you are interested in the no limit tournies you will need to have a Partypoker account to access them.

Unfortunatley the software at the Party tournies is not as good as Stars,( once one got cancelled 2 hrs in while I was near the top in chips ... argh ) but I have had more success there. I do not think the competition is quite as tough as at Stars.

For example late last night there was a $20 no limit that had 266 entrants, a $30 pot limit with 152 entrants, a $30 limit with 91 entrants, and another $20 no limit with 199 entants.

Good luck.

yct
06-03-2003, 06:29 AM
lmao... I guess I'll be the 2nd to welcome the new comer. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

Legend27
06-03-2003, 06:49 AM
I got dibbs on 3rd to welcome him.

Petomane
06-03-2003, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the welcomes.
24 hrs later, still no e-mail with verification number. As Bill E said, Party is a joke and too disorganised to be trustworthy. No customer support whatsoever. They're not interested in new business. Very fishy.

bentlyman
06-03-2003, 03:34 PM
You're right about the support at Party/Empire. It is pathetic.

Right now, I am getting the Royal Screw Job from party/empire's support. Here's what's happened.

I referred a friend to Emprie poker. He completed his 125 hands and received his $25 bonus. I checked to see if the $50 bonus had shown up in my account for the referral(which we were going to split). It hadn't.

I got Empire's online help, spoke to a nice girl. Explained my problem. She said that the email address I had sent the referral to was different than the email address that my friend had entered. Turns out my friend had made a typo when he first set up his account--it was one digit off what his real address was. She understood this and told me if I had my friend contact her and confirm the information she would release the bonus.

My friend then contacts Empire on-line support and gets a different person--this guy Jacob. Friend explains the problem to him. Jacob says he is looking into it. Jacob leaves my friend hanging and never replys. After 40 min of waiting my friend gives up.

Next day I contact Empire on-line help. I get Jacob this time. I explain my problem all over again. He says he'll look into it. Then he tells me to have my friend contact him. Here we go again. My friend immediately goes onto online help and gets some other guy who says he will look into the problem.

No response to either of us by email the next day so I send an email to info@empirepoker.com. 3 days later and no response.

So here I am. I have not yet begun to fight. But I've been ready to set phasers on kill a long time ago and haven't.

Any advice/help would be appreciated.

"It difficult being polite to support when you're so frickin mad. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif " - bently