PDA

View Full Version : laveranues coles on Oprah

steelcmg
10-18-2005, 04:54 PM
So i get home from work today and my grandmom is watching Oprah and they have laveranues coles on there talking about how he was raped by his step dad. Im not sure if he has come out with this before or just today. But i was wondering what you guys think this will do for his football career. Will he still play the same or will the stress of everyone trrying to either feel sorry for him or bust his balls about this change the way he plays?

Soul Daddy
10-18-2005, 05:00 PM
Huh? I'd guess that anyone strong enough to overcome such demons would not let what others think or do have any effect on his performance.

Does anyone else pronounce his name phonetically? The accepted way is just too far of a leap for me.

Vinny Testaverde
10-18-2005, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else pronounce his name phonetically? The accepted way is just too far of a leap for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

We just call him Lav.

Triumph36
10-18-2005, 05:20 PM
I believe he revealed this last season. So, no, I don't think it will affect him on the field.

Crveballin
10-18-2005, 05:35 PM
This came up either during this offseason or at the begining of the season. It takes a real man to come out and say this publically and deal with the social consequences so I doubt that it will affect him on the field. Maybe he will turn into Hines Ward and try to run everyone over even if they are twice his size.

10-18-2005, 05:57 PM
i thought he came public about it after week 1. i think he dropped two easy passes that week.

Wes ManTooth
10-18-2005, 06:00 PM
he came out with this in the offseason.

HopeydaFish
10-18-2005, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i thought he came public about it after week 1. i think he dropped two easy passes that week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, *that's* why he dropped those passes. Because nobody *ever* drops easy passes in the NFL.

10-18-2005, 06:51 PM
Since he's older and well established, it probably won't have much impact on his career.

As for other players using it against him (taunting), I believe Sheldon Kennedy reported he was subject to taunts before and after his public admission.