PDA

View Full Version : Kane's Story

shtolky
10-18-2005, 03:37 PM
Kane, first allow me to say that your posts have been highly informational, entertaining and downright comedic since I joined 2+2. I think most of us can agree on all of this. The comedy, whether intentional or not has been surpassed by the fact that we now know you to be a very successful high stakes nl player. That being said, a few questions for the man who remains somewhat of a mystery:

1) what is your current bankroll?
2) what was your bankroll when you started out and what games did you first start playing?
3 what is the one thing, if any, you try to take away from a given poker session, other than your opponents money

I realize you have a website that will probably cover this, so if you all want to beat the crap out of me and call me a pile of poo, I am ready. That being said, I'm looking for this thread to reach record response levels. Thank you.

Allinlife
10-18-2005, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

1) what is your current bankroll?

[/ QUOTE ]
that's pretty personal dude...

shtolky
10-18-2005, 03:42 PM
Good point. I strike this question from the record

Big_Jim
10-18-2005, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm looking for this thread to reach record response levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't respond to a locked thread... AZK??

shtolky
10-18-2005, 03:46 PM
Maybe I'm not as experienced as some posters here, but why must this be locked. KKF is a highly respected high stakes NL player and I don't think my thread is out of line in anyway. Isn't the purpose of this board to learn, not to quickly shut down threads? Just asking, no disrespect.

Big_Jim
10-18-2005, 03:50 PM
If you want Kane to post his story, you should ask him via PM.

While I'm sure that many posters (myself included) would love to hear Kane tell all about his adventures in becoming a high stakes player, I don't think that coming into a public strategy forum and asking him to divulge this information is appropriate.

lapoker17
10-18-2005, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm looking for this thread to reach record response levels

[/ QUOTE ]

If this happens, I'm never posting here again.

Sponger15SB
10-18-2005, 03:51 PM
Is it just me, or does every few months some player from this forum steps up and starts playing high limits and everyone slobbers over him?

shtolky
10-18-2005, 03:54 PM
I'm not asking for his story. But yes, as you could say, the player of the moment who is getting a fair amount of attention for being successful, I don't think my post was out of line. There are plenty of threads here that aren't about specific hands or lines of play. As an up and coming player myself who wants to gain as much information as possible I think my questions were fine. If I am out of line, then please, lock this thread.

Big_Jim
10-18-2005, 03:59 PM
Your questions are fine.

Your venue is not.

If you want to talk to Kane, PM him or contact him via his website (http://www.splashpots.com/).

In the meantime, enjoy swinging from Kane's nutsack.

[ QUOTE ]
If I am out of line, then please, lock this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]
If only I could.

shtolky
10-18-2005, 04:02 PM
Jim, are you PMS'ing? In all seriousness, relax. If the thread stays open and Kane wants to comment, fine. If it's locked, I think I'll live.

Big_Jim
10-18-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Jim, are you PMS'ing? In all seriousness, relax. If the thread stays open and Kane wants to comment, fine. If it's locked, I think I'll live.

[/ QUOTE ]

shotlakfy,

No, just slightly annoyed by the poker groupies who clutter the forum with bullshit.

In all seriousness, eat [censored] and die.

unlucky513
10-18-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

jealous much?

shtolky
10-18-2005, 04:13 PM
You're a class act all the way, Jim.

Big_Jim
10-18-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

jealous much?

[/ QUOTE ]

Non-sensical response much?

Big_Jim
10-18-2005, 04:17 PM
Thanks, sholkyfdy, and welcome to the forum.

shtolky
10-18-2005, 04:20 PM
Thanks, but I've been here a while. And it's shtolky, but I'm sure you knew that because you're too witty for us all. And it's nonsensical, not non-sensical. I hope this thread will remain open until we can have a real discussion, if not, no biggie.

unlucky513
10-18-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

did you just make up a word?

Big_Jim
10-18-2005, 04:27 PM
I wouldn't say that I made it up, I just misspelt it.

Sponger15SB
10-18-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

did you just make up a word?

[/ QUOTE ]

lollllllllllllllllll

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=nonsensical

Big_Jim
10-18-2005, 04:29 PM
Mine had a hyphen in it, which apparently makes me a dumbass.

mgsimpleton
10-18-2005, 04:34 PM
kane when you are responding can you also talk about whether you have a girlfriend or not and you know maybe family life too? but mostly the girlfriend thing cuz inquiring minds want to know, you know? i mean you're a high stakes no limit player now. whoa.

Big_Jim
10-18-2005, 04:37 PM
Haha, that's pretty close to what my original response to this thread was going to be.

mason55
10-18-2005, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is it just me, or does every few months some player from this forum steps up and starts playing high limits and everyone slobbers over him?

[/ QUOTE ]

What ever happened to that Bruiser fellow? He was a nice boy.

ChicagoTroy
10-18-2005, 04:54 PM
These guys are being punks. Here's what happenned.

KKF moved to Thailand and became a ladyboy nightclub singer named Miso Hornee. The "tips" he earned went straight into the UB games. Combined with bonus whoring and rakeback, he was comfortably rolled for the 50/100 within about four weeks. Live the dream.

shtolky
10-18-2005, 04:56 PM
Finally, some answers we can build on

mgsimpleton
10-18-2005, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Haha, that's pretty close to what my original response to this thread was going to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

yah but if you said it it woulda been really gay.

Big_Jim
10-18-2005, 05:00 PM
Hence, I didn't post it. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

AZK
10-18-2005, 05:06 PM
shtolky,

I think a lot of the posters on MHNL prefer to discuss strategy and theory related to MHNL rather than poster's personal lives. It would probably be more beneficial to you if you would PM Kane so that you two can have a fruitful discussion about his life.

ps - Don't forget the kneepads.

fsuplayer
10-18-2005, 07:47 PM
i didnt read this 'til now.

why people would want this unlocked it beyond me.

kane has a website. any personal, non strategy info he wants us to know will no doubt be there.

KaneKungFu123
10-18-2005, 09:52 PM
i dont think my story is that interesting because its the same as everyone's.

ive only been playing 50/100 for a week. i got lucky and ended up playing against a maniac who gave away alot of money. right now i am being very careful and trying to pick my spots. diabo and brusier both have said that these games have been very good lately, and this normally doesn't last. GreenPlastic is probably the toughest player Ive played against, and I havent seen him in days.

There are several bad players in this game that appear to have huge bankrolls.

I cashed out (still waiting now) the big win I pulled against cantseeu from prevent myself from losing that or doing something dumb.

i am having alot of fun playing at UB. that is what i keep telling people the most. its just fun playing SHed with these guys, and its improving my game. someone will check a hand behind in a certain situation and trap me, and itll cost me money, but ill make more money in the future incorporating certain plays into my game.

if arb is SR, then he hasn't even showed me his game yet. also, flynn suspected SR as a losing player previously in this forum... regardless, im not going to underestimate any player in this game.

2) what was your bankroll when you started out and what games did you first start playing?

from another thread:

"in jun 04 i borrowed some money from my mom and sold about 1000 worth of pirated cd's on ebay until they banned my account. then i found poker on the web, lost about 300 playing $11 sng's. then bought 5 or 6 books and studied for two weeks. borrowed another 300 from my mom to play again, and paid her back in about 2 weeks. for about 5 months i grinded it out in that idiot game, being way to cautious with my bankroll. in dec 03-may 04 i played 1/2 nl 8 tables for about 1500-2000/week. then i got bored and started reading alot of books and decided i wanted to wander. before i left i took a shot at 5/10 for some reason, and i destroyed the game, and realized that if i kept playing that id be rich soon, but i wanted to travel so i did starting aug 04. in dec 04 i was supposed to return to go to college but didnt want to, so i returned to playing poker in internet cafes. i was again too cautious. finally in jan 05 returning to 5/10 with good results. in jun 05 i started at 10/20 and havent looked back."

mgsimpleton
10-18-2005, 09:58 PM
but the girlfriend thing kane, the girlfriend thing...

Matt Flynn
10-18-2005, 10:16 PM
good answer.

[ QUOTE ]
i am having alot of fun playing at UB. that is what i keep telling people the most. its just fun playing SHed with these guys, and its improving my game. someone will check a hand behind in a certain situation and trap me, and itll cost me money, but ill make more money in the future incorporating certain plays into my game.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly.

shtolky
10-18-2005, 10:56 PM
Thank you Kane, this is all I was asking. I appreciate it. Now the girlfriend thing, this is not my doing I assure you

trevor
10-18-2005, 10:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ps - Don't forget the kneepads. -AZK

[/ QUOTE ]

When did AZK become funny? Nh